Chapter 19

William was waiting for Holly in the garden, she was to be his bride in just a few hours. They were having a rehearsal dinner, and everyone was scattered around. Dinner was to be served in a couple of hours, and he was patiently waiting for his love. Holly was a dream come true, she was his life. He couldn't exist without her, and tomorrow she would be his forever.

Holly came down the garden walk looking for William, it had been a week since she agreed to marry him. She was excited, her dress was a dream of silk and lace.  She hadn't seen much of William since she agreed to marry him. Her mother was in such a frenzy, she wanted this to be the most talked about wedding. Everyone had been sending wedding presents for the bride and groom. They were also hoping to be invited to the couple's nuptials. 

Holly and William only wanted close friends and family to witness their union as man and wife. Of course the Duchess and Lady Campton would not hear of it. They both agreed that this was an occasion that needed to be celebrated. Of course the gossip mills would be wagging their tongues, so Martha and Anna thought it could do no harm. Holly would laugh with Lindsay as the two mothers were acting like young ladies instead of matrons. 

Holly with the help of Lindsay snuck out to the garden to meet William. He was standing by the gazebo in the moon light. Everyone was getting ready for dinner, they were already ready so that they could have a few minutes alone. She smiled at the thought that her one dream was coming true.

William heard footsteps, he turned around to a most wonderful sight. His bride was coming towards him, he smiled at her endless beauty. As she came up to him, he drew her into a hug and smelled her womanly scents. She smelled of roses and her desire for him, he couldn't wait for their wedding night. He was going to teach her things that would make her blush that red hue for the rest of her life.

He let loose of his hold on her so that he could look into her eyes," I am so happy that we got this few minutes alone.''

Holly looked up at him and smiled " yes, your sister made sure that I was the first one dressed so that I could have some time alone with you."

William chuckled" Lindsay knew the whole time that we were perfect together."

Holly nodded" she is the best, I can't wait for tomorrow  I will be Mrs. William Grosmont."

William chuckled " yes you will, I love you so much Holly, I don't know what I would have done if I married the wrong girl."

Holly playfully looked at him," You would have been crying forever, because I am your match."

William nodded" I would have had to make you my mistress."

Holly stared at him" I am not mistress material, and don't think that you will be ever getting one of those either. I will make your life a living hell if you try to look else where."

William laughed" You won't have to worry about that, I couldn't look at another because you are my woman."

They laughed together, but what they didn't know was that someone was watching them in the bushes. They kissed softly and headed back to the house for dinner, so no one would suspect of their secret meeting. Even though they were getting married the next day, there was always room for changing's ones mind. They kissed before they went their separate ways, to just see each other in the crowded hall. 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The Duke's estate was full of guests that were invited to the wedding of the year. The dining hall was so full that is was almost over flowing into the kitchen. Lindsay was sitting on Holly's left and on her right was  Lord Henry Reinhardt. His wife was sitting somewhere at one of the tables, he was enjoying chatting with everyone. 

To Holly's dismay William was sitting at another table far from her. They couldn't make eye contact, Lindsay was at least sitting with her. Lord Jason Chandler, who was Lindsay's suitor was somewhere in the dining hall. Lindsay was smitten with him and he with her, Holly knew that they were perfect for each other. Every where they looked you never saw a face that was that familiar, what were their mother's thinking? 

Holly's sisters and brothers were also in the mix of a sea of faces, Gabriel and his wife Jessica were at their table. Holly and Lindsay giggled at how many faces they had no clue who they were. After the seventh course was served, Holly was completely full of nerves so she barely touched her plate. Lindsay was excited that after the gentlemen had their port and cigars, they were going to the maze to play racing through the maze. 

Holly remembered the first time she played that game, that was when she got her first kiss from William. She smiled to herself, she hoped that they would meet again in the center for another kiss just like she got that night. She felt the excitement run through her veins at the thought of having his lips on hers again. 

Dessert was served and of course it was an assortment of different cakes and pies. The Duchess had gone all out with this feast. After the last one was served, it wasn't long before the gentlemen were excused. The ladies went out onto the terrace to have tea, candles were lit on each table. Tomorrow at this time Holly would be a married lady. 

The butterflies were flying around her stomach just at the thought of what was to come. The ladies were enjoying their tea, when the Duchess stood up and clinked her spoon against her cup. Clink, Clink, Clink, " Ladies, I just wanted to thank all  of you all for coming.Tomorrow I will gain another daughter and several new family members. I know that we still have time before the gentlemen join us, so let's bring out our presents for the bride."

Holly was surprised, she wasn't expecting anything of the sort. She watched as several footmen carried several packages towards her. She smiled at everyone and waited for the first one to be handed to her. As she opened each one, she was surprised by each and everyone of them. She received a tea service, and different other useful items.

She thanked everyone for their gifts and cryed as she thanked her mother for her gift. It was a ring that her mother got when she got married from her mother. It had been handed down to a daughter for generations. It was the most percious gift she had ever gotten, she would treasure it forever.

The footmen carried all of the gifts back into the house, everything was cleaned up by the time the gentlemen joined the ladies. In the whole crowd of people, Lindsay and Holly stood to the side hoping to catch sight of their gentlemen. It was almost time for the racing game through the maze, and this time it was going to be one that was going to be remembered for all time.