Chapter 22

When everyone had gathered at the edge of the forest, William watched as torches were lit. Dogs were brought and were sniffing the air, their owners were passing around one of Holly's shawls. The dogs had her scent, and were immediately heading in the direction that she had run. 

Everyone partnered up and grabbed a torch and headed into the forest. Lindsay and Jessica partnered up, they decided that they were going to be the ones to find her. They kept up the hope that she was still alive. They knew that Clarissa wasn't the brightest lady in the room, and she wouldn't know if someone was alive or dead. 

Lindsay and Jessica could hear everyone calling Holly's name loud, Jessica shook her head" if she is hurt she isn't going to answer."

Lindsay nodded" I know and I think that they are just hoping for the best, thank goodness the moon is full tonight."

Jessica nodded" I hope that when we find her, she is okay."

Lindsay noticed that they were going in the opposite direction that everyone else was going in . Jessica didn't mind at all, they knew Holly. She would take the most difficult obstacle to keep from being captured again. Her brothers had taught her well, even they were going in another direction from the crowd. 

They were covering ground that was a wide expanse, that was good. It was going to give them a better chance of finding her. Lindsay and Jessica walked on for miles, or so it seemed. A lady in a slipper shoe walked slower, since you felt every thing hard on the ground. They came to a solid rock and sat down for a few minutes to take a drink out of their canteen.

William was searching every bush and tree for evidence of Holly's presence. He wasn't leaving a leaf or a stone unturned. His Holly was out here somewhere cold and injured, he needed to find her. He felt in his heart that she was still alive.

Jason and William kept on searching, they were growing tired by the minute, they had been searching for hours without a break. Jason looked at William," we need to rest, and drink some water."

William looked at him," I will rest when we find Holly, not one minute before."

Jason shook his head" William, you are going to exhaust yourself. At least take a minute to catch your breath and take a drink."

William shook his head" I can't knowing that she is somewhere out here in pain and freezing in this night air."

Jason saw the tears form in William's eyes," Look if you take a few minutes to drink and catch your breath, I will personally race you to find her."

William shook his head" I have to find her, she is my life and I can't live without her."

Jason nodded" look if Holly was here she would be telling you to rest, William you have to be strong for her. By not taking time to re-energize yourself, you will not be any shape for her."

William looked at Jason," Fine, for Holly I will rest for five minutes then we keep looking till we find her."