Prologue

Pain! It is very painful!

Her ankle was swollen like a mantou* Even after the medicine was applied and the ankle bandaged up, the burning hot pain still persisted so much so that she could not even stand up.

This is really not a light fall!

<< Mantou a kind of steam bread that is coarse and plain. >>

At this moment, she is in the deep mountain forest where no one ventures and if help is needed, it seems that she can only wait for her father to notice that she has not returned home and come out to look for her

Looking at the medicine basket beside her, she took out a strange looking plant with its leaves in different sizes. This plant is YangTi (羊蹄)and is beneficial for blood cleansing. It was because she had wanted to gather this herbal plant that she had accidentally fallen down. She did not think that this fall would cause her a sprained her ankle with an injury to her tendons and put her in a dilemma of waiting for help.

<< 羊蹄 is also known as Japanese Dock (Rumex Japonicus). In Eastern medicine they are gladly used because of their antioxidant and antibacterial effects for Atopic Dermatitis. Even for other skin diseases they are often used concerning their anti-microorganic, anti-inflammatory or even anti-tumor agents, which suppress the T-helper cell-response and strengthen the immune response. >>

In the past, she had suffered major and minor injuries but those injuries were never as severe as this injury

In the past, she had suffered major and minor injuries but those injuries were never as severe as this injury. This time it was so severe that she was unable to walk and she just hoped that her father would come out to look for her soon.

As she was sitting down in worry and wondering what to do when suddenly there was a rustling sound in the grass beside her. She was so nervous that she clenched her jade flute tightly in her hands and then she saw a green snake slithering out through the grass.

The snake raised its head and stuck out its forked tongue menacingly, looked at her. A snake and a woman, both looked at each other. Just when the green snake was about to strike, a few silver needles flew out from nowhere and struck into the middle of the snake's head. The snake instantly writhed painfully on the ground for several moments before it went still.