Chapter 4

"Big brother, you're too courteous. I insist on paying for these two buns."

<<Big brother here does not really mean his biological brother but as a polite greeting when you do not know the other person's name.>>

Dong Fang Tang took out some small pieces of silver* from his chest pocket but the hawker took a step backward. He waved his two hands repeatedly in the air and refused to accept.

<<In ancient times, silver, gold and copper were used as money.>>

"Doctor Dong Fang, I can't accept your money. If I do, my mother will reproach me."

"That's correct, Doctor Dong Fang, you're so kind to treat poor people like us free of charge. In this Gang Ling City, who will dare to collect your money?"

"Doctor Dong Fang, this chicken is very fat. Later I will send it to you at Long Feng Restaurant for you to nourish your body."

Initially, the hawker selling chicken had wanted to give the chicken to him directly but on seeing his elegant temperament and the very delicate girl beside him, the hawker changed his mind. He decided he would personally send the chicken over later.

"Doctor Dong Fang, these freshly baked pastries are for you."

"Doctor Dong Fang, these vegetables and tofu......."

"Doctor Dong Fang........."

No matter how much he refused, the hawkers were very passionate and endlessly gave a lot of things to him. Seeing that his hands were full and he could not carry all the things, the hawkers turned and gave some of the things to Ruan Xiang Yin. After the two people had walked down the street, it turned out to be a really very fruitful trip.

"Wa! Third Brother, you are once again inundated by people's enthusiasm!"

When Zhang Zhen and Wang Qin saw them, they quickly stepped forward to help. It is no wonder Third Brother did not like to walk on the streets. He could not refuse the people's kind gestures and he also did not want to take advantage of others. After a while, Third Brother did not like to go out but there were still patients who brought food or something to thank him.

After Ruan Xiang Yin realized her hands were empty, she threw a glance at Dong Fang Tang who was standing beside her. She finally knew the level of this man's popularity. According to what she had seen, it was afraid, even if the Emperor goes on his rounds, he would not be as well received as this man.

"Miss Ruan, I'm sorry. Initially, I wanted to accompany you on your walk outside but in the end, I've made you tired helping me to carry all these things back here. I've also spoiled your day." Dong Fang Tang apologized.

All along the way, he only saw her with a cold expression on her pretty face without saying a word. He guessed she must be very angry with him.

"It's alright. I'm returning to my bedchamber for a rest."

She did not look at him and walked away to return to the guest chamber which she was temporarily staying in.

"Wang Qin, arrange for lunch to be sent to Miss Ruan. I'm going to look at Grandmother Sun's injury and I'll be back later."

Watching her retreating back view, Dong Fang Tang instructed Wang Qin who was standing beside him and immediately after, he walked out of Long Feng Restaurant.

"It seems Third Brother is very concerned about Miss Ruan." Zhang Sheng glanced over at the guest chamber and then turned his gaze towards Dong Fang Tang's retreating back view.

"Don't talk nonsense. Third Brother has always treated people very well, not to mention, Miss Ruan had also saved Third Brother."

Zhang Zhen did not think too much about this matter and patted his younger brother's head. He had directly rejected the views of his brother.