Chapter 14

His gentle words and the tenderness in his eyes gave rise to a tremor that crossed her chest. Her bright complicated eyes stared at him.

"Dong Fang Tang, you're hateful!"

She was to be blamed for letting him so easily provoked her emotions! After angrily tossing this sentence at him, she spun around and quickened her footsteps towards the Inn.

Looking at her retreating back view, Dong Fang Tang's lips curved into a bitter smile and followed behind her to the Inn.

Ai!  It seems tonight he will not be able to sleep.

***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

Three geng*, deep in the night.

<<Three Geng is the third-sector of a five-sector night watch starting from 1700-0500. So Three Geng is the watch from 2300-0100 which is midnight.>>

A slight figure carrying a cloth bundle over the shoulder quietly crept out of the Inn. After getting out of the Inn, a distance away, then only was the oil lamp that was prepared beforehand lighted up. Using the light from the oil lamp, the figure continued with the journey.

In order to successfully get rid of Dong Fang Tang, she decided to leave in the middle of the night. The gentle and elegant man was really hateful. If she were to let him follow her back to Le Mountain, there was no guarantee that she would not change her mind about him.

She did not expect that even after being separated for a year, his influence on her was still as deep. With just a few words, he was able to arouse her deep feelings for him, feelings that she had so strongly suppressed. Facing him once again, her icy cold exterior would easily break down and so she had decided to escape.

After walking for a distance, she had left the town boundaries and then she headed towards the outskirts. According to her estimation, when people come out to work, she would have reached the next town and when that time comes, she could take a good rest.

Suddenly, an unusual sound flew past her ears. She halted her footsteps abruptly and shouted into the emptiness of the night.

"Who's there?"

The reply she received was the rustling sound of leaves when the wind blew through the treetops. There was nothing unusual.  However, she could still sense the presence of someone hiding in the darkness. Holding tight to the green jade flute in her hands, she called out coldly into the night.

"If you don't come out, then don't blame me for being impolite."

After the words were spoken and when the figure still did not appear, she placed the lamp beside her feet and lifted up her green jade flute to start playing the 'Soul-Breaking' tune.

The tune from the flute sounded harsh and after playing for a short while, a shadow that was blended into the darkness, swiftly appeared from the trees. The long sword glistened with cold light and directly aimed at her.

Ruan Xiang Yin's body turned away in a flash and the sound of the flute stopped. The forehead of the masked man broke out in cold sweat and the long sword in his hand moved swiftly and aimed for her body. Her footsteps were light and supple. The flute sounds changed from low to high and then changed rapidly again. The black masked man was unable to withstand any longer and supported his body with his sword, too weak to attack again. She stopped playing on the flute and coldly shouted.

"Who are you? Why do you want to kill me?"

It was difficult for the black masked man to block the sound of the flute from making his blood vessels tremble. At the same time, the man was surprised and realized that he had underestimated her. Although his body was supported by the long sword, his body could not stop shaking and cold sweat was breaking out profusely on his forehead.