Chapter 3

After the three people had withdrew and the door was closed once again, Ruan Xiang Yin played with the jade flute in her hand and asked the person sitting on the bed.

"Dong Fang Tang, do you know which are the four tunes in 'The Four Soul-Oppression Tunes' that my father created?"

"I heard it was 'Soul-Oppression', 'Soul-Securing ', 'Soul-Breaking' and 'Soul-Killing'."

That year because of his creation of 'The Four Soul-Oppression Tunes', 'Weird Doctor' Ruan Da Jiu became famous in Jianghu. He could enter the acupuncture points of a human body with the whistling sounds from his flute to effectively heal the person. Even people who were extremely sick could be relieved from their pain by just listening to his flute and go into deep slumber......however, this 'The Four Soul-Oppression Tunes', when played on the flute, could save people, it could also be used to kill people.

He remembered his late Teacher had once said that Ruan Da Jiu's flute sounds had both the power to save people and kill people. But it was a pity that this man was something of an eccentric, someone who could not be deduced in a normal way. Although he was highly talented in medicine, he was unwilling to practice medicine to save people. After becoming famous for a few years in Jianghu, he suddenly disappeared without a trace.

"That's correct. In 'The Four Soul-Oppression Tunes', except for 'Soul-Oppression' and 'Soul-Securing', the other two tunes 'Soul-Breaking' and 'Soul-Killing' are used to kill people. When I play my version of the tune 'Soul-Killing', it will remove the Half-Month Gu from your body. Dong Fang Tang, cover up your ears and if you are unable to withstand the sound of the flute, you will have to block it with your internal energy."

As soon as Ruan Xiang Yin finished speaking, her delicate figure suddenly turned and sat down on the mahogany chair below the windowsill. Her bright eyes squinted and started to play the tune 'Soul-Killing'.

The flute sounds were clear and hurried with sudden long and short notes. Immediately, Dong Fang Tang could feel the wriggling sensation in his abdomen fluctuating with the fast and slow sounds of the flute. The blood in his whole body started to vibrate. Quickly he closed his eyes and started to gather his internal energy. After half a sichen*, the sound from the flute stopped and the wriggling sensation in his abdomen was gone.

<<One sichen is equivalent to 2 hours>>

Ruan Xiang Yin's face was slightly pale and her breathing was erratic. She went over and stopped in front of him, then handed him a red pill.

"Take this medicine and after a quarter of a sichen, you have to go to the latrine. This will help you discharge all the dead Gu inside your abdomen."

"Miss Ruan, what is the matter with you?" Dong Fang Tang noticed something wrong with her expression and asked with concern. After he had finished asking the question, unexpectedly and without warning, Ruan Xiang Yin's body softened and collapsed. Dong Fang Tang quickly extended his arm and caught her weak body just in time.

"Third Young Master!"

"Third Brother!"

Wang Qin, Zhang Zhen and Zhang Sheng, the three people, after hearing the flute had stopped playing, pushed the door open and rushed in with worry. When they entered the bedchamber, they did not expect to see Dong Fang Tang cradling someone in his arms.

"Third Young Master, what happened to Miss Ruan?" Wang Qin asked in puzzlement.

Miss Ruan is supposed to be treating Third Young Master, right? How come she had fainted in his arms? What had happened?

"She had caused too much harm to her internal energy and she fainted because her breathing and blood flow are not smooth."

After Dong Fang Tang had checked the pulse of the person in his arms, his eyebrows wrinkled slightly. He did not expect 'The Four Soul-Oppression Tunes' could actually deplete internal energy this much.