5

"Why were you in such a hurry, Jauregui?" Mani asked once they'd all gotten back to the room and changed into some comfortable clothes.

"There was a bet going on in back of the club on two guys who were fighting. I put some money down, and lost. So I just took my money back and a little extra." She said, smiling at the thought.

"You what?!" China yelled from the couch.

"Calm down! They'll never even know! We're outta here tomorrow!" She said. The women had gathered in the living room area of the room to watch a movie that none of them were paying attention to. Lauren had been counting and recounting her money, China was typing away on her phone, Zendaya was meditating, Lisa was painting her nails, and Normani was too deep in thought, wondering what ALL Lauren was actually up to.

Zendaya Thoughts:
Breathe Coleman, breathe. You were only tryna cleanse the negative energy in the place. It's not like you meant to set off the alarm and sprinklers. You're a goddess amongst mortals. You're everlasting. You're... hungry. No! Back to my mantras...

Lisa Thoughts:
I can't believe that guy! Like I'm THAT easy! I mean... there was that one time I let a boy see my tit cause he bought me ice cream, but that was a long time ago! I growed since then! Growed? That a word? Sounds like one. Ima use it. Wait, is Ima a word? Whatever. Ohhhh! It's 90! 10 nine time is 90! I'm getting better! Use to take me the whole school day to do a division sheet in fifth grade... wait... Thats division right?

China Thoughts:
I'm getting so much better with these habits. I let Normani touch my hand in the car and I didn't even flinch. The doctor was right. I AM in control. All the way in control. I wonder if she likes me... probably not, why would she? I'm a baby to her. Ugh. She probably doesn't even know I like girls. Whatever... I should probably go wipe my phone down, it's been touching all kinds of stuff. And my hands. I gotta wash my hands!

Normani Thoughts:
Lauren is being weird. She's always been strange but... I don't know. I don't know a lot of stuff. Like why there's a Easter Bunny, but we look for eggs. Bunnies don't lay eggs. Shouldn't their be a Easter Chicken? Oh well, some things just don't make sense. I just wanna see the beach...

Lauren Thoughts:
Oh man oh man oh man. I hit this lick and I'm good for life! For life? YES, LAUREN! LIFE! Hahaha! They'll never know! I'll split the money with my girls, that way, they stay for life. They can't leave me then, right Lauren? Right. Gambling was the best thing I ever did. Selling drugs was too. I'm gonna be Tony Montana! I AM Tony Montana BITCHES!

"Lauren, what are you thinking about?" Normani asked her friend, who was counting hundred after hundred.

"Money." She said, winking at her.

"Always with the money Lauren. It's not everything." Zendaya said, her eyes still closed.

"It's something though." Lisa said, waving her hands at her feet to dry them.

"Exactly." Lauren said, pointing at Lisa.

"Okay, but do you know what really matters in life, Lisa? Probably not. Never mind. Lauren, do you?" China asked, setting her phone down.

"Yes! Crushing my enemies! Attaining money and power! Duh!" She said. China shook her head no.

"It's about family." China said. Lisa shook her head no.

"Aw, little Asia had a close family. No. Life is about getting the most expensive stuff, taking the most expensive trips, and wearing the most expensive clothes. It's about living lavish."  Lisa commented.

"You probably can't even spell lavish Lisa." Zendaya said, opening her eyes and getting up. She walked to the fridge and grabbed a beer, cracking it open.

"It's about finding your peace. You wanna live your life, dealing with all the hoopla? No. Calm down, meditate, light some candles and incense and relax." She said, sipping her beer.

"Peace? We aren't in this life for peace Zendaya. Its important to find yours, yes, but, do you see what's going on in this world?" Normani spoke up. All the women looked at her.

"Some of us are out to change the world. Some of us just want to change our own. We do what we can, help people along the way and try not to be an asshole. You don't wanna end up bitter, old, and full of regrets. Yes Lisa, you need money. Thats true. It makes the world go around, but it doesn't have to rule YOUR world just because you come from it. You don't have to be a materialistic air head, you choose to be." Normani said, then turned her attention to China.

"Your family is really tight and that's beautiful babe. Everyone doesn't have their family, their mom, dad. But some people do. And they suck. They're horrible to them. They do and say hurtful things. It's amazing to be family oriented, but all of us can't do it. We CAN however, create our own family, yeah?" She said. China shook her head up and down and half smiled at the older girl.

"Lauren, I shouldn't have to tell you that money isn't everything. It's the worst evil their ever was. And you don't wanna live your life, giving in to those evils. You'll end up rich but sad because you can't find real love or a real friend because all they want, is your money." Normani said. The whole room was quiet for a while before Lisa spoke up.

"What do you think its all about Mani?" She asked softly. Mani half smiled at her.

"Like I said, helping others, trying not to be an asshole. But the little things Lisa. Good food, good drinks. A comfty bed. A good book. A rainy day. A sunny day. Good company." She said, smiling at all the women, who returned it.

"I just take life. In its complexity and mystery. And live it." Normani said.

"Lisa, complexity means-"

"I know what it means, Zendaya."
********************