Chapter 9

Draco's POV

I didn't mind Harry leaving to meet up with his friends. After all the two of us just started hanging out together. Not to mention I have no clue how his friends would react. I bet you I would be hexed into next week if I showed up unannounced.

"Dad!" Scorpius and Teddy ran into the kitchen to where I stood with a cup of tea in my hands.

"Yeah?" I replied, taking a sip from the tea.

"Can Ted and I go play gobstones?"

"Sure, just be careful and do it in the backyard." I told him as the two of them rushed out the back door.

Those two are thick as thieves. I think Harry and I will have our hands tied once they start at Hogwarts.

Hmm. Maybe I should start on dinner.

I pulled out the proper equipment that's needed to prepare the food. Harry mostly has muggle stuff in here, good thing I taught myself how to use muggle stuff when Scorp was born.

I wanted him to have a good balance between the wizarding world and the muggle world. Both are different, yet equal at the same time. I wish my father wouldn't have taught me that they are nothing but scum, which is a complete lie.

It's a bit early for me to start on dinner, but oh well. Maybe Harry and I could spend more time together afterwards, just the two of us.

Ok. So that sounded a bit desperate, but I really do enjoy his company. I didn't mind it back in school either, which is why I always teased him. I feel horrible now because of that, but it was the only way I could get his attention without my father figuring out that I had a crush on him. I guess you could say I did a good job at that. Too good of a job if I might add.

"Can we help?" Teddy asked coming up from behind me.

"Sure. I don't mind." Teddy flashed me a bright smile before going over to stir the pot of vegetables.

"What are we making?" Scorpius asked. He walked up to me and watched me slice the chicken.

"Baked buffalo chicken tenders." I replied.

Scorpius' face lit up. "Really?! I love that stuff!"

"Yes, I know, that's why I'm making it. It's not fancy, but it's definitely something I know you both will enjoy." I replied. I scooped up the chopped meat and put in in the bowl filled with bread crumbs.

"It sounds good. I can't wait!" Teddy replied.

The three of us set off to finish making the food. It was quite an adventure as the two of them bickered about who could bread the chicken the fastest and who can season the veggies just right.

It was amusing to watch my son get along nicely with another person his age. Scorpius has always been a bit like me when it came to friends. Mostly a loner and kept to himself, so I'm glad he has such a bond with Teddy.

"Mr. Draco?" Teddy asked. I just finished putting the chicken in the oven when I looked over towards him. I gave him a questioning look. His hair turned slightly pink as he avoided direct eye contact with me. "I know Scorpius and I will most likely be friends forever, but you and my dad have negative history with one another. Is there a chance that you'll never want to see each other again? Like, are you only tolerating each other for our benefit, or are you guys actually becoming friends?" Teddy exclaimed, playing with his hands.

I looked over at Scorpius who had the same expression. One of worry.

I knelt in front of the two boys. "Now listen. Harry and I do have a negative background, but the world during that time was very different. Teddy it's not that I don't like your dad, in fact I have never hated him. Not even in school."

"Then why were you guys mean to each other?" He asked.

I sighed. "That's a bit more complicated. My father, wasn't a good man. In fact he was the worst father in the history of father's. I was scared. I wanted to be friends with your father, but we had different fates that collided with one another. My father wanted me to have nothing to do with him and if I disobeyed, then it would mean the most excruciating punishments and my dad had eyes everywhere, always keeping tabs on me."

"Does my dad know?" He asked looking up at me.

"To some extent, now I can't speak for Harry, but I'm hoping the two of us will become the best of friends in the future and not just for your benefit. Actually, I never thanked the two of you for bringing us back together, if it wasn't for that, then I probably never would have had the chance to apologize and make amends. But I promise you both that we do not hate each other. Not like how we used to. I consider us friends now. Not enemies nor strangers, but friends."

"Maybe a bit more then friends." Scorpius threw in. I looked at him with wide eyes, he had a playful grin across his face.

Teddy snorted. "Wouldn't that be something? Scorpius! We could become siblings!" The nine year old shouted with glee, clasping his hands together with Scorpius.

"W-What? Slow down there for a second. Where did you two get that idea from?" I asked standing back up.

They threw each other a quick smile. "Oh just a hunch!" They said.

"Boys?" I questioned.
They covered their mouths with their hands, trying to suppress a laugh. "Honestly. You're kids, where are you getting these crazy ideas?"

"We're very imaginative!" Scorpius exclaimed.

"Yes. I can see that. Both of you are bad influences on each other." I crossed my arms.

The boys burst out laughing.

"You love us!" Scorpius drawled out.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I don't really have a choice in the matter do I?"

"No. I don't think you do." I turned around to find Harry leaning against the wall holding back a laugh.

"What?! How long have you been standing there?!" I questioned. My face going red in embarrassment.

"Long enough." He walked towards me. "It seems you all are getting along just fine without me."

"Oh Merlin no! They've been nothing, but trouble the entire time you've been gone!" I said dramatically, draping my hand across my forehead.

The two younger boys gaped at my little scene.

Harry hunched over in laughter at the scene before him. "Teddy! I said to make this enjoyable for Draco!" Harry said playfully towards the younger boy who's hair turned bright pink.

"He started it!" Teddy screeched.

"I did not! See what I mean Harry?" I over exaggerated. Scorpius fell to the floor in laughter. "Oh Scorp, I think you need punished as well!" I told the boy as I came closer to him.

He screeched as I began tickling him. "N-No! Stop!" He yelled through fits of laughter. "I can't breathe!"

"I'll save you!" I heard Teddy yell before jumping on my back.

"What the? I'm being attacked from behind! What ever shall I do!?" I cried as I attempted to get Teddy off my back.

"Guess that's my job!" Harry said before scooping Teddy up in his arms. "I've got you now!"

"Teddy! We're losing to adults!" Scorpius yelled from on the floor.

"I know! Plan B!" I was confused by Teddy's proclamation of plan B until everything got bright and I fell to the floor.

"What in the bloody name was that?!" Harry asked. When the light faded, all four of us lied on the ground.

"Flash bomb. George gave me a bunch." Teddy said.

"Of course he did. I need to have a talk with him about that." Harry exclaimed.

"Hey, it came in handy." Scorpius said. We all looked at each other before bursting out laughing.

This is the greatest. I don't think I've ever been so happy in my life.