Chapter 38

Draco's POV

I am worried about Harry. He did not look good when he was laying on the floor of the bathroom earlier today.

I know he says he probably just caught a cold, but I call it BS. I know he's lying. I could see it on his face, not to mention I've never seen a cold cripple someone like that so quickly.

Harry wasn't feeling well when he woke up this morning, that much was sure because it took him a little longer to get out of bed than normal. He told me he was just tired and I should make sure the kids were getting breakfast while he took a shower.

I didn't argue and just figured he would hollar if something was wrong.

Of course, I think I'm the idiot for believing that. He is a stubborn mule after all and even though he looked ready to faint he still insisted that he was fine and needed to go to work.

I have this terrible feeling lingering and a strong sense of anxiety as my day at work went on. I just feel like something bad is about to happen and it only makes sense that it would have to do with Harry.

I just hope he can get through work and then I'll make sure he doesn't do anything else for the rest of the day.

I would put him on bed rest if I could, but I know that even if I bound him to the bed he would still manage to get out and get to Hogwarts, so I really didn't have a choice in letting him go.

Which is why I asked Hermione to watch after him at work for the day.

I know this is related to the curse. What else could it be? I need to finish the potion before it's too late and I'm running out of time.

It seems to be the only thing happening right now in my life. Time running out.

Time is something unattainable. You can't catch it and ask for more. Can't reverse it either. Not without breaking a large number of laws at least.

"Healer Malfoy?" Holly came into my office, a file in her hands.

"Yes?" I asked, folding my arms in front of me.

"It's your patient in 344, she seems reluctant to take her meds again." She explained.

I groaned.

This is the fourth time this week that she has refused her meds. Perhaps if she wasn't galavanting with a dragon and ended up with a crushed hand and third degree burns, then she wouldn't be in this mess.

If she would just take her meds she would be gone and healed by now.

"Alright, umm. Tell her if she doesn't take her meds then she has to stay another night. I know how desperate she is to get out of here." Holly nodded before quickly disappearing down the hall.

Hopefully, that will do the trick.

If it doesn't, I will need to have a discussion with her once I finish the rest of this paperwork.

I just have some boring old paper work of patients ready to leave, some new patients that just got admitted, and then some other miscellaneous work.

After awhile I finished my work and prepared to go check up on some of my patients.

As I stood, I heard a commotion out in the hallway.

"No way!"

"That can't be!"

"What happened!?"

I heard all sorts of voices float into my office and I ran out to see what had everyone freaking out.