Chapter 3 : Cruel joke

Chapter 3 is here~ I don't own Junjou Romantica~ not one bit but I own this fanfic for sure!

Misaki POV

I was eavesdropping, I had placed my head on the door trying to make out what they were saying. Their words were muffled so I leaned fully on the door.

Usagi's awake!

He's okay!

I heard footsteps come towards the door and the handle turning. The door was opened by the doctor and I fell into the room.

Usagi chuckled, his lavender eyes filled with amusement.. And something else.

I hopped over to Usagi, eager to be near him.

"Usagi, you had me worried sick!"

Literally..

Usagi smiled at me kindly, something seemed off about the way he was acting.

"Usagi, you are okay right?"

I could feel unease starting to envelope me.

"Yeah, it was just due to stress, a slight fever, overwork and not eating for a few days"

I felt my knees weaken from relief, I sank down to the floor with a relieved sigh.

Thank god you're okay, I guess it was just nothing to worry about.

I smiled at Usagi.

"Want to go home now?"

Usagi didn't respond, he avoided eye contact. The doctor coughed to get our attention.

"Takahashi-kun it's true that the reason Usami-San came to the hospital was minor... However-"

"However what?!"

I cut the doctor off, something didn't seem right with the way Usagi was acting, I could tell something was definitely wrong.

Please let it be that he just needs to rest

"Takahashi-kun... When we examined Usami-San we found something unexpected.. We found that lung cancer has appeared inside of Usami-San"

I couldn't believe the words that I heard.

Usagi has lung cancer...

Is it from him smoking too much?

I'm sorry Usagi.. I should have stopped you.

I was already worried about your smoking a long time ago... I mentioned it to you.

I allowed you to brush off my concerns.. I should have been more forceful in making you quit, even I know that quitting would have been tough for you.. But I should have stopped you still.

I'm the one who had the concerns.. I should have been more audible with them.. It's my fault you didn't quit, If I really tried I could have made you quit...

"Oi Misaki! Hello? Misaki!"

I hadn't noticed that Usagi was calling me the entire time, I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled uneasily at Usagi.

"Yeah? What do you need Usagi?"

I tried to push all my guilt to the back of my mind.

I can't let Usagi know that I know that it's my fault.. He'll just try to convince me otherwise.

Usagi frowned at me, then wrapped his kind arms around me.

"I'm sorry Misaki..I'm so sorry"

Usagi's voice sounded so hollow and empty.