CHAPTER 5

Brr... brr...brr...

The phone on the side table vibrated,

"Who is calling me at 3??? At night???" thought she while picking up the phone.

"A-Anya?" spoke out a voice.

"Kaito?"

"C-can you please co-come pick me up? P-please?" continued the man called Kaito.

"Ugh, where are you?"

"I am at this place called t-the contact, oh god can you p-please come?"

"Wait there and don't move I am coming" and with that Anya hung up, grabbed a hoodie and her shoes and left.

20 minutes later,

"Kaito!" called out the woman from her car.

The supposed man, walked swiftly and sat in the car. Drenched in sweat and clearly not in the right mind space.

They didn't speak much, actually not even a single word. But then suddenly,

"So you're again drinking huh?" asked Anya.

"N-no, I s-swear I didn't drink" replied kaito.

"Then why were you at the club?" the woman continued.

Kaito had no answer for this,

"Mom, doesn't pay for your rehab Kaito" said Anya, "I pay for it and this isn't about money, I don't even care about the fucking money. I care about you, why the fuck can't you understand?"

"I u-understand but...but" he didn't have anything to protect himself from the accusations because he knew they were true.

"I came to your rehab every SINGLE week; do you know why they didn't let me meet you huh? Because you were either missing or not in good condition"

"I-I am sorry"

"Sorry doesn't change anything, Kaito. Mom doesn't care about us, dad is dead and as your older sister I have done everything to help you" said Anya, her voice coated with anger,  "When will you change?"

"C-can you please drop me at my place?"

"Are you gonna go drinking again?"

"N-no, I promise"

"Ugh, okay. But I am coming back in the morning"

"O-okay"

Anya's father was a hero too, he wasn't a number one hero or anything like that but he did have a strong quirk which passed on to Anya, the ability to control wind. Sadly, her father passed away during a mission they didn't even find the body.

This incident changed Anya's perspective on life,

The girl who once wanted to be a hero, lost the only hero she had.