A New Era

A/N OK so This is gonna take a full 90° turn to a very dark FanFic xD at least at the beginning. I like it dramatic OK!?
Anyway we got some suicide warning, blood warning and lots of cursing. Warned ya :)

No One's POV

After that sheer amount of lightning some went insane, while other remained normal human beings. The Police and heroes tried their best to keep order but even within their ranks some lost their minds.

"No.. Please don't leave. At least let me come with you" said a crying child hugging the air before jumping off a building head first. A loud crack was heard as his skull was most likely shattered into pieces by touching the hard concrete floor.

"Who are you? What are you doing, leave me alone!!" screamed a girl terrified of some shadow crawling towards her saying 'I love you' in a very sadistic manner.

"Someone help my son! He's dying! Please..." begged a woman reaching out a hand for probably her husband
"What are you saying you bitch!? You tried to kill me! Back off!" spat out the man in complete disgust.

"What is wrong with you, Mitsu? Why would you try to kill yourself?" asked a terrified man while his sister had a sharp piece of glass slightly touching her neck.
"What do you mean, they are asking me to come with them..." asked her, tears rolling down her face, eyes widened in shock and confusion as she cuts her throat open leaving her brother frozen in shock.

Midoriya's POV

I wake up in a soft bed. My body feels sore even though my Inguries seems to have healed. Next, I take a look at my surroundings.

Is this the hospital? What even happened.. I don't seem to remember much.. All I know is that I was fighting the Villains and then...

I widen my eyes as I remember what happened next.

"ERI-CHAN!" I shout as I try to get out of bed, clinging tightly to a wall for support. The next second, doctors came charging in making me go back under the sheets.

"Izuku Midoriya, right?" I slightly nod, eagerly waiting for his explanation of the situation.
" As you can see you have recovered quite quickly, but there were some after effects for the excessive usage of your quirk. You will be unable to fight for the next few months, if you're lucky the time may shorten to a few weeks."
"Enough about me. What happened to the others? Is everyone alright?"
The doctors looked away, the one that had previously talked seeming to choose his words very carefully before answering.
"Midoriya, do you remember what happened before you passed out?" asks the doctor with a concerned face.
"Yes, I do... What about it?"
"Well, you've been out cold for about two whole weeks. And... everything has changed, Midoriya. To the worse... Take a look out the window and see for yourself before I continue explaining." says the man as he moves the curtains, and helps me get to the window.
I freeze in shock at the sight. All of the street was filled with shattered glass, blood and a few dead corpses. There were also some Police officers trying to keep the people away from the scene.
"What.. Is this?" I managed to ask, slightly scared and yet determined to know the truth.
"After that blast, some people went insane. While there are a few unaffected by this disorder ,80% of Japan's population has gone through this change. So far, the simptoms of being affected by this curse are: having illusions, seeing your dead loved ones, hearing voices, experiencing your future or having your life rewinded/ sped forward resulting the disappearance of your being from the whole universe. This is all we know so far. Oh and there's something else: the are some people who are affected by the disorder and yet don't seem to show any signs of insanity."

I was left speechless. My mind was trying to process everything that I had learned.

This is bad, like really bad. This would mean Japan could be eradicated! Is this the work of Eri? But her quirk doesn't work unless there is physical contact between her and her target. How could she do this to every human in Japan. This is crazy! Wait a second...

"What about the other heroes present? Are they all safe?" I snapped out from my thoughts.
"... They may be heroes, but that doesn't mean they are not humans too... Some of them got the disease as well and... Died"

I felt tears treathen to fall but I still gathered the courage to ask what was on my mind.
"Is my mother OK?" I whispered slightly trembling, awaiting for the answer.
"She is still alive If that is what you are asking...for now at least"

I felt my face go pale and sweat dropping on my forehead.

"W-what are you trying t-to imply, sir?"I asked, my voice shuttering and trying my best not to start crying as I somehow already knew the answer to my question.
"Ms. Midoriya... She has the disease although somehow she was able to hold it back. Her simptom is that of rapid ageing. She's in the other room if you want to see her"

I didn't even wait for him to finish as I rushed out of the door and into the next room.

"Mom!" I cry her name, running into the chamber, my eyes watered with cold tears.
"My baby.." she says in a weak voice as she traps me into a bear hug
We both start crying our eyes out as we already know our fate. The moment didn't last long though.
"Izu, my baby, please don't be sad, keep on living. I know you can do it. Become the best hero like you always wanted"
"But mom, nothing will be the same if I lose you! Please... I'll find Eri and tell her to cancel the quirk... Just hand on a little l-longer..."with every word that comes out of my mind, I feel more tears threatening to fall but I bite my lip to keep my composure.
"No, Izu, it's alright. There is no more time.just promise me that you'll keep on living and try your best. I love you, my baby. So much..."she starts to silently sob in my arms as i whisper for a few hundreds of times : 'I love you'
" Goodbye Izuku, I'm sorry that I couldn't help you when you needed it. I should have encouraged you back then, and yet I couldn't believe in my own son. I was so foolish, now look at you,you never gave up and made it to UA. I am so proud of you! I'm happy to die as a proud mother....i-i've been blessed... T-thank you... Izu.. "
"Mom?" I slowly shake her only to see that she starts to turn into dust as I call her.
"Mom?.... Mom...MOM?! my voice cracks and I break into a heartbreaking yell, full of sadness.What I didn't know is that everything would change, and my loss would mean a New gain.

A/N God I am so done.... About 1200 words he'll yeah
I am so unsatisfied with this chapter.. I feel like I'm running away from my initial subject of the story xD
But don't worry y'all, the good stuff are about to come :)