7 - The special carnival

HEADS UP - The word in italics are thoughts

|||||

Yeri pov*

During the past few weeks I have been working as Jungkook's secretary, we both started to get closer and comfortable together. We'll that's what he think, but for me, I've been asking myself these question over and over again.

Do I find him attractive? Yes

Do I feel like there are butterflies in my stomach when I'm with him? Yes

Does my heart beat fast when we are too close? Yes

Do I like him? Yes...No...Maybe...I don't know

But will he like me back if I confessed? ...No

I've been stressing about confessing to him but it is risky since we developed a good relationship. Plus, if he rejected me, I would have to live with the awkwardness when I'm with him.

I am sitting at my desk, too focus on my thoughts, not realizing that Jungkook was standing in front of me. I slowly fade back to reality as I heard the latter shout my name.

"Yeri-shi...Yerim-shi...YERI!" He shouted at me. I immediately stand up not realizing that he was standing right in front of me. Both our faces were near each for a moment before he moved back professionally.

See Yeri, he doesn't like you back, he wasn't even flustered

"I'm leaving early today so you can go home if you want. Thank you for your hard work. I'm leaving Yeri." He said the last partner in a friendly tone as he wave goodbye at me.

Cute, I wish he would do that to me everyday

As I started to pack my stuff to go home, there was a notification to remind me of the special day that is happening today.

"Reminder: Go to the xxx carnival"

Flashback

"Kookie, let's go to the xxx carnival."

"Sure"

We both skipped happily together as we both enter the carnival. We both agreed that we would have to go to the carnival every year since it is was the place where our friendship began.

"Let's promise to come to this carnival no matter what and if we somehow get separated, let's find each other here" I promise

"Deal!" He promise

End of Flashback

Today marks the 21st anniversary of the carnival and my 3rd time going to the carnival.  

I hope that I could actually find my Kookie that I missed so much

|||||

I arrived at the carnival...alone. As I entered, there were light display, laughter, happiness and many booths with food and entertainment. It's been a year, I forgot how fun and happy this place is. So I tried to put my thoughts away and only focus on having fun tonight. 

I went to different booths, ate a lot of unhealthy but really delicious food and watched a funny show. Finally, the fireworks began, everyone started to gather to an area where the firework is displayed at. As the firework began, everyone was smiling, jumping around and enjoying the moment. I quickly took out my phone to video this movement.

"Where are you Katy?" A person said quietly but I could hear it

I froze, that nickname, no one calls me that, except Kookie. I quickly turn around to look for him but no one looked familiar to me.

Maybe I'm hearing things, I shouldn't have my hope too high

I sigh and turn around to leave, that's when I bumped into someone...JUNGKOOK!

Jungkook pov*

I left work early to go the carnival, since it is there anniversary today. I also thought that maybe she would show up.

After spending hours on having fun and eating food, we got to mine and her favorite part, the fireworks. After everyone arrived and the firework began, I quickly scan through the crowd to look for her. I gave up when more people started to come into the area.

There's no way I'll find you here

"Where are you Katy" I quietly said in a sad tone as I took out my phone to record the fireworks.

After a minute, a lady suddenly bumped into me and fell onto the ground. I quickly went to help her get up but as soon as I got her up... it was YERI!

We both were surprised to see each other in the carnival. Then, she was suddenly blushing. I sort of got this feeling that Yeri liked me and I sort of like her too but I told myself to have hope in Katy. So if she confessed, I would have to reject her.

"Wh-why are you here?" She suddenly asked me

"Today is a special day to me, so I came to this important place" I wanted to tell her about my story but I didn't want to reveal too much about myself.

So I asked her back, since out of all the day, why today?

"Because today is also a special day to me" She answered with the same answer.

Hmmm...suspicious

|||||

Hope you enjoy this chapter!!!

Sorry for typos :)