Chapter 10

Demon's POV

After church I sat at the desk going over our funds, seeing how much our legal businesses and illegal ones earned within the last month. The month prior but we had taken a hit, but we've shot up to almost triple. Even though with the issues we've had with the MCs, we have pulled some positive things from it. Such as growing in rank. Once Devil's Den was seen as mediocre at best, which is why so many of the other MCs targeted us, finding us nothing but a laughing stock. Well, being constantly targeted and us retaliating had allowed us to prove ourselves, causing a few MCs to back off. If only Fallen Angel will follow their example, but unfortunately they're still a pain in my ass that we have to deal with. Another good thing we've benefited from them targeting us is that since we've proved ourselves, many have come to us for business and it's tripled our profits, and that's still steadily growing.

I was brought from my thoughts and papers when there was a tap on the glass of the window. I looked out and saw my Angel by her bike, handful of pebbles. I chuckled softly. She knew that women weren't allowed in or near Church without even being told so she chose to toss pebbles at my window. She smiled and patted her hand on her bike, telling me to come riding with her. I grabbed my bandana and put it on before going out to meet her. I could see the need to just let go in her eyes. She wanted to race. She waited for me at the end of the drive on her bike and I met her with my Harley. Once on the road, we were gone.

We raced each other down the roads. I could tell she was holding back, but she stayed just enough ahead of me. She could leave me in the dust if she wanted too, but she stayed with me until we got to the beach she had said yes to being my woman. We got off of them and I took her hand.

"How do you feel," She asked me as we walked. "Tired. I'm finally done dealing with Jax and the bodies," I confessed to her. She gave my hand a squeeze with a small smile on her face. "How are you doing," I asked her. She dropped more bodies than many of us the other night and she seems to be perfectly fine. "I'm fine," She told me and for once I believed her. "They weren't the first lives I've taken. I've never taken one someone out in cold blood, but a kill is still a kill no matter how you look at it. I took my first life when I was eighteen, shortly after I embraced the life of freedom." "What was your life before that," I asked her as we decided to sit in the sand.

"I was a spoiled rich kid. Of course it was father's money and he always just threw money at my older brother and I instead of showing he actually cared. I saved enough of the money he threw at me to buy my bike and pay someone to teach me how to ride it. My father was furious at that, at how I wasn't a proper lady. He was trying to find me a husband so I would marry into a rich and prestige family. He said having that bike made me trash like all others who ride them. He gave me two choice, get rid of it, or get out. So I grabbed what cash I had and I left, not once looking back. I didn't know shit about life back then, but I quickly learned and I don't ever regret leaving." She shared with me. Looking at the woman before me, I just couldn't see an ounce of that past life in her. She was down to Earth and loved to live life to its fullest. Nothing spoiled about her.

"What was you're life like before becoming President," She asked curiously. "Well I was a kid in Orlando who's mother was a prostitute. She wasn't one because that's what she wanted either. She had been an orphan who didn't get much of an education and many places wouldn't hire her because of that so she began to sell her body to put food on the table for me. She hated herself so much for it, and when I became of age, I got a job and began working so she wouldn't have to. Unfortunately a man who had been a frequent customer of her's was pissed she quit and killed her. I had been at work and got the call from a cop. If the bastard hadn't been caught so easily afterwards I would've killed him. After that, I had nothing keeping me in Orlando so I came in, feeling the same draw you did. I found myself in Devil's Den not long after getting here and I loved every moment since." I shared with her. She leaned into me, "She sounds like a great woman." I kissed her head, "She was." We then sat in silence for a while, letting what we learned about each other, just keep going through our minds.

She then looked at me curiously, "Since I know that about you, can I know your real name?" I chuckled, "It's Lathom Jenkins." She let out a laugh that was pure and beautiful, "I don't mean to laugh, but that's not the name I imagined for you." I couldn't help but chuckle, "And what name do you think does fit me?" She then smiled, "Demon fits you very well." "And why is that," I asked her. "Because you're my hell for my inner demons to play and be embraced, just as I am your Angel, your heaven for you to find some peace," She told me. Never had I heard truer words. I cupped her cheek and kissed her softly. It was sweet and slow, both of us relearning each other's mouths. I pulled away when my phone began to ring.

"Better be good," I said when I answered. "The President of Fallen Angel is here to see you," Scorpion said, causing my blood to run cold. "I'll be there soon," I hung up and then we left the beach.

Lia's POV

I followed Demon back to the compound and we saw a man wearing a Fallen Angel cut standing outside, not being let in. Demon gestured for me to go stand on the porch with Scorpion and Scorch. They moved so they covered me a little, but I could still clearly see what was going on. "You've got a lot of fucking nerves coming to my home," Demon told him. "That the woman who killed many of my men," The man asked instead. Scorch and Scorpion tensed and I felt Razor come up to my back. "What do you want with  her," Demon asked him, voice dripping rage laced with venom. "To challenge her. See just how she killed so many alone," He told him. "She isn't a Devil's Den brother," Demon told him. "She surely walks with the swagger that she is. You're even letting her stand there like she is," The man challenged. "If you knew my woman, then you'd know she had that swagger before we met," Demon told her. "Yet you haven't forced her to become a good little docile bitch like she's supposed to be," The man told him, turning his eyes to me. I felt disgust at the look he had given me. "I like my woman wild, sorry you don't approve but I didn't ask for your fucking opinion. Now get the hell out of here, before you join the rest of your men," Demon snapped at him.

"I want to challenge her, avenge many of my brothers she took out. She isn't one of your bikers so she had no business killing them. If I beat her she then becomes my woman," He told him. "She wins the rest of my brothers and I will leave your territory, and leave you alone." I could see Demon wanted to protest, tell him no, and he was going too until I opened my mouth. "I'll do it," I told him. "We do it before both clubs on neutral territory."

"Next Saturday at sundown just south outside the city," He told me with a nod then he was gone. Demon then began to cuss and yell. "Are you insane," He yelled. "I can handle him. It's one guy. I fought more that were bigger than him the other night. When I ran out of ammo I had to use my hands to fight and I did just as good. Plus, just looking at him, like many of you bikers, I can tell he's a brawler. I'm a MMA fighter, I'm gonna win each time." It was hell but I spent a year of my travels going to many places that martial arts of some kind and I eventually developed my own style. It was why I was able to fend for myself.

I went down the stairs and stood in front of him. He looked like he wanted blood, like he wanted to kill me for agreeing to it. I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest, "It's gonna be okay." I felt his anger leave him as his arms wrapped around me lowering his head so his mouth was by my ear, "I just don't want to loose you." I smiled softly, "You won't." I'll make sure of it.