Chapter 12

Demon's POV

They kept her all day. Razor, Scorch, Scorpion, and I sat around the compound, waiting for either a call or for her to walk through the door. When my phone rang it was past eight at night. "I have been freed from my confines and wish to be taken to get some food," she said when I answered. "They should be arrested for cruel and unusual punishment for making me starve." I chuckled, "I'll be there shortly." I hung up and stood. So did the other idiots. I wasn't gonna make them stay behind, they had been just as worried as I had been.

When we got there she was sitting on the front steps smoking a cigarette. She straddled the back of my bike wordlessly. I took her to the diner we had our first date and we sat in a booth in the back. "They questioned me because they think I killed the Fallen Angel's president," She whispered as she looked over her menu. "Apparently they found him raped and his tongue missing early this morning." "Wait what," I asked her. She nodded, "The pictures were gruesome. I thought your attorney was gonna be sick." A waitress came over and took our drink orders then left. "They had more than enough proof I didn't do it, but they surely do like hearing themselves talk. Kept trying to ask questions about you and the rest of the Devil's. They kept getting pissed cause I gave them as many sarcastic answers as I could. Had Tabatha smiling. She deserves a little extra for having to deal with that bullshit with me." "What proof did you have," Scorch asked her. "The pictures from last night. Almost everyone was in at least a couple. The camera takes a time stamp which cleared all of us," she shared with us.

"Think it was the cartel," She asked while turning to face me. "The only thing that's the cartel's style is the tongue. They don't stick their dicks in filth like him, they would feel it makes them a disgrace by doing so," I told her. She nodded, "I'd like to know so I could kick their ass for making me go through today. I was hoping to spend my day hungover in bed." Trust me, I was too, I thought.

We ate in silence and I noticed a man leaning against a Mustang GT. Lia seemed to notice it too and stiffened. "How the hell did he find me," she whispered. She shooed me out of the booth and we all watched from the window.

"Who's that," Razor asked. "My money is it's her brother," I said. They looked so much a like you'd be an idiot if you didn't know it. Question is, how did he find her?

Lia's POV

How the fuck did he find me? I was a nomad for years, no address, nothing, until now. Then poof here he is. "What are you doing here Simon," I asked him, standing in front of him, feeling the guys eyes in my back. It was their way of giving us privacy but still keeping an eye on us. Simon looked older, richer. The designer jeans and shirt surely said he was. "Dad's attorney had to look for you. He cant read dad's will until you're present," he explained to me. I was stunned, "Wait, dad is dead?" He nodded, "For about a year now. I've been looking for you for much longer." I stiffened, "Why?" "To right the wrongs," He told me. "I fucked up not being the brother you needed me to be. Instead I enjoyed our dad's money and the women it swarmed me with."

This was all too much of a coincidence, "Where were you last night?" He raised an eyebrow, "You're talking about that FA President aren't you? Police questioned me when they noticed your big brother came to town. Don't worry though, I didn't get to Florida till noon today. Cameras at the airport confirmed it. Now before you ask, I know of everything you've done. The PI I had hired found it all and I didn't shy from it. I accepted it. I even know you're dating the president of the Devil's Den MC and to be honest I don't care as long as you're happy." "So why did you come to me yourself and not have the PI tell me," I asked him. "Because I want my sister back," He told me. "Because I want my son to know who his autnt."

"Son," I asked him, and he nodded. "Joshua. He's a few months old and back home with his nanny. It's why I flew out this morning, and I'll be flying back home to him later tonight." "Where's his mom," I asked him. He shrugged, "Don't know, don't care. She signed her rights over as his mother and is living a life burden free. At least those were her words." He then handed me a card with his phone number, and address on it. "If you dont want to have the will read, then I'll tell the attorney to forget about it. If you do, let me know and I'll get it all arranged for you to fly down. You can even bring a few of your biker friends if it makes you comfortable," he told me. "I just want you back in my life. I've missed you. To be honest when you left, I was so pissed off at you, but later on I realized that I had been wrong to be pissed off. You were living your life the way you wanted too and I was stuck under our dad's thumb. Although I could go without knowing my sister has a few indecent exposure charges but hopefully your boyfriend will ensure no more of those happen."

"I'll be sure of it," Demon said, coming out of the diner. I then made the introductions and Demon shook his hand. "So what brings you to Miami," Demon asked him. "For the most part, to reconnect with Lia. The other part is to see if she wants to come back with me to have our dad's will read."

"I think you should go," Demon told me. He looked at me and I knew why he said it. It was because no matter how shitty a person is, family is still family. "I'll watch the bar and Abyss. You go do what you need too Angel." Guilt ate at me that I had missed the funeral. That I missed a lot, so he was right. I nodded, "Okay." I just pray things here smooth out by the time I get back. I really dont need anymore murder accusations pointed at me when I get back.

I decided I would be gone for two weeks. Simon went ahead and flew back last night to go be with Joshua and I spend the day with Demon going over the books and everything else. I made the necessary arrangements to make sure he could make deposits and orders, and any changes that need to be made.

He dropped me off at the airport and handed me my bag, "Everything is going to be fine Angel. Dont you worry." He pulled me in for a heated kiss. "Plus it gives me a chance to plan a nice dinner for when you return," he added in. I bit my lip, "I'll be looking forward to it." I gave him one last kiss before going in to fly off to see how my life is going to change within these next two weeks.