Chapter 17

Lia's POV

I sighed as I looked over some papers for the bar while sitting on the couch in the common room. Demon had left a couple days ago to go to the meeting. We haven't had much word between us because when he is in his meetings he can't text. He wont tell me anything that's discussed though and that's okay.

Razor sat down on the couch across from me, bottle of scotch and two glasses in hand. He poured some in each then handed me one. I took it and leaned back. He did the same as he studied me. "What's going on inside that head of yours," he asked me. "A few things," I told him. "One of which is being worried about Demon."

"The other," he questioned. I took a drink before speaking, "That despite the things I've done I barely have any of their respect." "Oh I've noticed. Demon wont be too happy about that when he comes back," he said. Suddenly Abyss jumps on the coffee table, making my papers scatter. She has now become the club cat and acts like the owns the place. She enjoys letting the kids pet her, and she often gets scraps of chicken or ham from the guys. She was gonna get plump soon if she kept it up.

"No, I didn't need those in order," I told her sarcastically. She jumped to my lap and curled up. I sighed as I ran my hand through her fur. "Heard anything from Demon today," Razor asked me. "Just that he loves and misses me," I replied. "For the most part of the day he's been in a meeting."

He nodded, but before he could perk up we began hearing a beeping. Abyss perked up and jumped off of my lap. I followed the sound and got to a utility I opened it slowly then panic set in. Razor looked over my shoulder and began to curse. He ran and began telling everyone to get out of here while I went for a set of wire cutters. We didnt have enough time.

"What the hell are you doing," Flash yelled at me, standing in only his boxers, cut in hand. "Go, I've got this," I snapped. He began to curse as I began to follow the wires. "Flash, get the fuck out of here so I can concentrate!" I can hot wire cars. And I've made small explosions for fun. Surely I can disarm one.

Demon's POV

One by one, everyone's phone began to ring. We tried to ignore it, but Ambrosia got tired of it and answered. "What," She snapped. Then her eyes widened, "A bomb?" That made everyone else answer their phones. They all had bombs in their compounds. When my phone rang I answered it quickly, "Did it go off yet?" "You know," He asked. "Everyone is having calls about them," I told him. "Now answer the question." "Not yet, we still have five minutes, we're still getting everyone out," Razor said. "Jax and a bomb squad are on their way. Even when the compound goes sky high they can still figure out the explosives used and trace it." "Where is Lia," I asked him. He was silent before he let out a string of curses. "She's still inside. Fuck, and I don't see Flash either," He began cursing even more. Fear gripped my heart. I then heard the echoes of bombs going off through the other's phones but not mine. "Razor, everyone's just went off, how are we," I asked him. "It's not gone off yet," He said. "Did they disarm it?" He told everyone to stay in place then he went inside.

"We did it," Lia said with a giggle of relief. I sagged in the chair, relief flooding me. "We got it disarmed," Flash told him. "I should kick both of your asses," Razor snapped at them. "That Demon," Lia asked. I could hear the phone being passed. "Hey Demon," She said with a slight pant to her, as if she had been holding her breath. "Are you fucking insane?!" I couldn't contain my anger. I could've lost her. "Since I didn't turn tail and run when I saw this thing, I think I am," She said. "There were bombs set up in all of the compounds across Florida. They weren't as lucky," I told them. "Oh no," She whispered. "I'm gonna try to come home soon. Don't do anything that's gonna get you killed," I told her. "I won't. I love you," She said. "I love you too," I then hung up with a sigh. I think I just aged ten years.

"Did it go off," Rucker asked me. I shook my head, "My old lady disarmed it while my third worked at getting everyone out of there." "How the hell did this even happen," One of the presidents asked. That was something we all wanted to know. We were discussing the matter until my phone rang. It was officer Jax.

"Sorry to interrupt," Jax said. "But I thought you'd like to know about the bomb." I put the phone on speaker, "Go ahead Jax, I'm with the other Presidents who also had their compounds blown to hell." "The bomb was a bunch of C-4 with a very easy to disarm timer detonator. Your girl got lucky that whoever put it together wasn't an expert so she was able to do it easily. I got reports from other stations who went to the other bombings. They all had similar styles of being made, but some were made by experts so we're looking at a group of decent size. It wasn't just MCs that were targeted. Some of the cartel had been taken out by guns, and the local gangs had been hit with a heavy nerve toxin. Their leaders taken though. You all are targets and need to get the hell out of dodge. They purposely waited for you all to gather. My money is on that you were being followed." Suddenly headlights were being shined in side the compound. "Fuck," I hung up and we all rushed to the secret exit we had installed in case the police showed up. We got the door shut and sealed just in time as the place was being thrown to hell. We all made our way quietly down the five mile tunnel to the exit.

We let out a string of curses when we saw several SUVs waiting for us. I felt something sharp in my neck before collapsing, unable to move, unable to speak, unable to even blink. I was fucked royally now.