Broken legs really do bring good luck

Garrett

The only person left to call is Andrew. But I can't do that. I don't want him to see me like this.

"Thanks for the offer but I think I'll be fine in a few minutes."

The man smiles at me.

"If you're sure then."

With that, he leaves me alone on the street. I'd been holding it in for his benefit but now I can't do it anymore. I sit there and sob. After about ten minutes, I try to get up so I can move to a bench. I grimace as the pain sears up my body.

Ok, I may have injured myself worse then I thought. Maybe I should call someone?

I pull out my phone and switch it on. Nothing happens. No. Please tell me it's not out of charge. What sort of dumbass doesn't charge their phone?

Wincing, I slowly pull myself up. Dragging my body to the wall behind. I can hear the music pumping out from the bar. I wish I was in there. In there with Andrew.

I try to curl up but I'm in too much pain. I slump there, letting the tears fall freely. Please someone find me. Anyone.

As if by a miracle I hear a voice. A voice I know very well.

"Thank you for tonight Meg."

"Of course, I had a great time. I'll text you?"

I hear them kiss before she gets in her car. He stands there, waving her off. He turns around and begins to walk towards me. I don't know how he doesn't see me.

"Andrew," I call hoarsely. Of course, he doesn't hear. I don't think I can shout again. It hurts too much. Everything hurts.

I try to call once more.

"Andrew."

Andrew

I might be going crazy but I swear I can hear someone calling my name.

"Andrew." I'm definitely going crazy. They sound so weak though. I want to help.

Wait I think I recognize that voice.

"Garrett, is that you? Where are you, Garrett?"

I hold my breath. It's hard to hear with the music from the bar. I don't hear him again. I pull out my phone and switch the torch on. Hesitantly I shine it around me when something catches my eye. I see a person slumped against the wall.

"Garrett."

I run to him. God what if he's hurt? I wanted to go after him after Cam humiliated him but I couldn't leave Megan. I should have gone.

"Did someone do this to you? I'll kill them."

Chill Andrew. I'm being way too overprotective. He gives a small chuckle before crying out in pain.

"N-no, I tripped. I'm such an idiot. I thought I was stuck here."

I can hear his teeth chattering and it hurts me to hear him in pain. I shrug off my coat and put it around him. He gives me one of his cute smiles.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance?"

"No, I don't want that fuss. Can you take me?"

He looks at me with puppy dog eyes and I feel myself melt a little.

"Of course."

I finally shift my phone light up onto his face and see his tears. I stroke his cheek gently.

"Hey, please don't cry Garrett."

"I won't."

I wince at what we're going have to do. I slowly grab his arm and gently put it around my shoulder.