Chapter 9: Discoveries

Tim was in his room, reading books. With him was Stephanie, and Cassandra. They were reading their favorite author, Sally Jackson. Most of her stories were dedicated to her daughter, and the one Tim was reading was one of her first books. It was called;

Little Soldier Comes Home

He's read it numerous times, but he never read the dedicated too page. But, today he did. He gasped, no way.

'This book is written for my daughter, Percy. Who's been missing for a year, and still there is no trace of her. Please, come home my little soldier.'

Just last month, Paisley said that she went by Percy and not Paisley. He read the prologue, trying to figure this out.

'In the hospital, there laid a woman. In her arms was a blue bungle, with black sticking out of it. A smile graced her features, and her features softened.

"Welcome to the world my child, my brave little girl. Your daddy loved you very much, even if he can't be here for us now. He's lost, out at sea, but not gone. He'll never leave us my child, but, we'll always have each other."

She told her baby gently, and she looked at the ceiling. Knowing that her baby wouldn't live a easy life.' Tim was now engrossed in the story, his hunch growing even more as he read. He could see Percy, his sister figure, as the person in these pages. He kept reading.

She still remembered the day when she brought her daughter home, the pride and love she felt. This-this was something else. Her beautiful baby girl was now a kind twelve year old, who had a knack of getting into trouble.

She'd just gotten kicked out of her sixth school. She didn't care about the school, she knew it wasn't her daughters fault. Anyway, the look in her baby's eyes when she first got home. Told her all she needed to know, she should've known that her time with her daughter was coming to an end.

Cassandra has just started the last book, but then frantically began to tap him and Stephanie. They looked at the dedication page, and both of them were astonished.

'I'm writing this for others like my daughter, may they find their safe haven as well.'

"Wow, that's deep." Stephanie Said, but Tim noticed something. The book Stephanie was reading was the last book Sally published, and there was an author picture in the back.

"No way, look." He said, as he opened it up to the page. The two girls gasped, their eyes widened. Staring back at them, was Percy.

-0-0-0-

Percy was getting her bag together so she could head to Piper's wedding, she was a maid of honor so she had to go. However she was not looking forward to the dress she'd have to wear for the reception, but she'd just suffer in silence because she wasn't gonna spoil Piper's wedding.

While many famous people were gonna be there due to Piper's dad, many demigods were gonna be there cuz of Jason. It was gonna be one of the most monumental moments in Greek demigod history, and in demigod history. As the day that a Greek demigod lived long enough to get married, and as the day that roman and Greek demigods could tie the not.

She'd just finished packing her bag when there was a knock on her door, "come in."

She was surprised to see Bruce Enter her room, "Umm, hi." She said awkwardly and he looked just as awkward as she felt, "Umm, we've been invited to go to an event in California."

Percy sighed, "I figured. Anyway, I've got to go to my cousins wedding. They will kill me if I don't show up, or they'll think I got kidnapped again." She said nonchalantly, "will you be alright to go on your own?" Bruce asked her worriedly and she nodded, "yes. I've known these two for years, and everyone going to the wedding is like my family. Most of us have grown up together and we even go to the same summer camp, it's going to be one of the safest places for me right now."