5 - [EDITED]

A week and a half passed by since Edward's and Bella's accident. 

Edward occasionally talked to her and she kept questioning him. Finally, during a school field trip that Edward, Jasper, and Alice went to he told her that it was an adrenaline rush and they shouldn't be friends.

Ashley wanted happiness. 

She wanted her family to be happy. She wanted her uncle to be happy. But, one thing that made one side happy upset the other. So, she didn't know exactly where she stood.

One day Ashley rode to school with Edward. Ever since the accident, he couldn't take on the remarks from Ashley's mother so he had decided to drive on his own.

After singing a song together Ashley turned the volume down. "So, I need to ask you something, and you need to be honest with me," Ashley said turning to his uncle. 

Edward could hear Ashley's thoughts and he was concerned. "Yeah?" he said. 

Ashley took a deep breath. "For a while now I've seen you sneak out at nights, I don't even know if that's the right term, whatever, where are you going? It surely can't be hunting," 

Edward was shocked by her question. He was shocked that she had caught it. "Uhm," he started not really knowing what to say. Ashley would know if he lied. She had always been good at reading him. "To Bella's house," he finally admitted. 

"Wait, what?" Ashley blurted out. She had expected an answer like an affair or something, not the girl's house he saved. "What are you doing there, at night? OOOH MY GOD--" Ashley started to say, then shout, and then got shushed.

"NO! No, uhm, no, it's not what you think it is, God, stop thinking of me naked, I am your uncle," Edward quickly said grimacing his face. 

Ashley chuckled. "Fine, I suppose you're right, it's gross to think of you like that," she said and earned a glare from her uncle.

It was the last day of the week. 

Just like Ashley wanted the lessons went by quickly and she was already eating her lunch. Her dad and Uncle Jasper were talking about the game that was going to be on the TV tonight. Her mom was looking at a catalog she brought from home. Aunt Alice was on her phone and her Uncle Edward was eyeing Bella again.

Ashley hit her uncle's feet. Edward turned to her with furrowed brows. He was pretending to eat and he dumped something back to the plate. 

"Stop staring, go talk to her," Ashley whispered to Edward. 

He rolled his eyes at her. Then Ashley turned to look at Bella and saw that she was heading for the salad bar. So she leaned back on her chair. "Edward, could you go and get me a salad?" she said with a smirk.

Edward glared at her but declining would earn remarks from Rosalie and he wasn't in the mood for that plus he really wanted to talk to Bella. So with a sigh, he got up and made his way over to the salad bar.

Ashley watched her uncle with a smirk on her face and kept on eating her food. "You're sometimes evil, you do know that, don't you?" she heard her Aunt Alice whisper to her. 

She turned to her with a smirk and shrugged. "I guess I am," she answered.

When she saw the two of them chatting her phone vibrated. It was a text. From Paul. 

They were talking as usual but the other day Paul offered to meet up. She was beyond excited and this was the day. 

She couldn't wait until school ended and she went to meet up. Ashley felt her belly strangling in a funny way every time she thought about her meeting up with Paul.