9 - [EDITED]

The next two weeks were uneventful. 

Carlisle, Jasper, Edward, and Bella had returned back to Forks. Edward was still feeling a bit guilty but Bella and Ashley helped him get over it. Most of Bella's injuries were now healed, only leaving her leg in a cast.

The Cullens went to school as usual. Whenever Edward had the chance he pulled Ashley aside to talk about the situation he found out before James happened. 

Ashley kept telling him that she didn't want him to tell her parents about the imprinting. God knew how they react, especially her mom, and she wanted a little peace and quiet at least for a little longer.

The Prom was nearing and although it did take a lot of convincing Ashley was going with Paul. Rosalie was not happy, she had been suspecting Ashley involving with 'them' but now that she was going as one of their dates she knew it was becoming something serious with the two.

Alice and Rosalie had taken Ashley out shopping. Alice was always up for dressing up Ashley, given she had a literate degree in fashion, and they at least wanted to pick out her dress because Ashley was going to get ready at Emily's with Kim, who was Jared's girlfriend. 

Paul couldn't exactly come to their house to pick her up for several reasons and it'd be easier to go to school from Emily's.

It took the whole day, they skipped school, for Alice to find the perfect dress for her niece. They were at Port Angeles. Ashley liked spending time with her mom and aunt but even she knew how her aunt got when it was shopping and Ashley was hoping Alice didn't drag them across the whole place, making her dress every single outfit. 

"You look stunning honey!" Alice exclaimed after several hours when she saw Ashley coming out of the dressing room. Rosalie smiled to herself as she took out her phone and took a photo of her daughter.

After getting Ashley some food they were soon on their way back. "So," Alice said, "Tell us a bit of your date, we ought to know," she continued. 

Ashley blushed at the back seat. "Uhm, okay, what do you want to know?" 

"Don't be silly Ashley, everything!" Alice responded. 

Ashley chuckled. "Oh, okay, uhm, his name is Paul, and we get along really well. He's always so nice to me and treats me like I am some kind of princess, sometimes it really becomes like we're in a romantic movie," Ashley said earning a giggle from her aunt. 

"He's not...persuasive, right?" Rosalie asked her daughter, joining the conversation. 

Ashley quickly shook her head. "No!" she exclaimed, "He is anything but that, Mom,"

Rosalie could see how happy Ashley became upon talking about him. 

It was the first serious boy Ashley was with and even though he was a dog it seemed like he was making her happy. Plus, Ashley didn't know. Didn't know about their kind, the treaty they had with them. As long as Ashley didn't tell them she was a Cullen, she should be fine. 

So, for the sake of her daughter's happiness at the time being Rosalie decided not to be strict and supported her daughter.

Ashley pulled in front of Emily's straight after school ended. Her mom and aunt made her promise to send a bunch of photos through the night. 

When she exited the car with her stuff Kim and Emily were outside. After hugging Emily and Kim they quickly ate some food. When they were done eating the girls immediately went on to hair and makeup.

Given her aunt, Ashley was pretty good at make-up. So she did Kim's first. When Emily moved on to Kim's hair Ashley did her own. 

She didn't want to curl her hair like Kim did, her hair was already naturally curled a bit. So she had Emily's help on making her hair a bun and leaving a bit on the front of her hair loose. Then Kim and Ashley went to the rooms to get dressed.