25 - [EDITED]

Another week passed. There was still no change in Ashley. She was connected to the machines and was sleeping. Everyone would take turns and go in there to spend time with her. To talk to her. They all liked to think she could hear what was said. 

She had also received her letters from the colleges she applied to. She got into Syracuse and Washington State. She got waitlisted for the college down in Texas. 

Rosalie and Emmett waited until all the letters came and opened them in the room with her. Of course, they'd rather open them with Ashley and celebrate it with her but they were trying to do the best out of the situation they were in. 

Bella had also been coming. She had been talking to Ashley too and telling her to wake up. Apologizing. She kept on making jokes that she wouldn't get married until she woke up. Sure, they were only jokes. No one was in the mood for a wedding. Not when Ashley was in that state.

 Along with Bella, her friends from school also who were also friends of Ashley came to visit. Jessica, Angela, Mike, Eric. Paul would stay away from them since he didn't know them properly nor did he desire to know them really. All he wanted was for Ashley to wake up. 

The only time he wouldn't stay away was when the pack visited. The Cullens would either leave to hunt or go away to give the pack some comfort. Then, Paul would be inside the room. 

The first time the pack came, it was Jared, Kim, Sam, and Emily. The second time, Leah, Seth, Embry, and Quil came. The last time, the whole pack, along with Jacob and Billy came. That was yesterday. 

Paul had also gotten kind of used to having Jasper and Alice near him. They were always there and their reasoning seemed genuine, even if they were natural enemies, he had grown to be okay with it. It didn't bother him as it did before. 

With the short amount of time he spent there, he could actually start to see beyond them being vampires and the people Ashley always so fondly talked about.

Just the other day they offered to show Paul Ashley's childhood photos. You know, it was the classic duty of the adults in the family, showing baby and childhood photos of the kid to their partner. Although all of them would have preferred Ashley to be there and cringe, it was still nice to see her happy, smiling, and healthy in photos. 

As they were almost done with the album Esme knocked on the door with a smile on her face. "We're waiting for you," she sweetly said looking at Jasper and Alice. 

Paul understood what she meant immediately. They tried to be discreet near him but he still got it. They were going feeding. 

"Alright, we'll be down in a minute," Alice said. Esme nodded and walked away. 

Alice and Jasper got up and Paul proceeded to give them back the album. "No, no, keep it," Alice said. "We'll put it back on later,"

Paul nodded. Before they walked about Jasper turned around. "Don't forget, think of happy memories, it helps," 

Paul watched them walk away and then he looked out of the window. The rest of the family was down there. As soon as Alice and Jasper joined them they sped away into the woods and soon disappeared into it. 

Paul sighed and looked down at a photo of Ashley. She was around eleven or twelve and dressed in a Harry Potter costume. She looked so happy in those clothes. Paul unintentionally smiled as he eyed the picture.

He then got up and walked out of the library. He decided on taking Jasper's advice and think of his happiest memories with Ashley. No lie, most of the things they've done were all happy memories for Paul. Anything involving Ashey instantly made him happy.