29 - [EDITED]

When Ashley got back to her room after saying her final goodbye to her parents, she found her roommate finally arrived.

She was mostly done unpacking herself and she turned around when Ashley walked in. 

"Heyyyy, hi roomie, I'm Katy,"

Ashley smiled in return. "Hi, I'm Ashley,"

"It seems like you were here pretty early," Katy said. 

Ashley nodded as she sat on her bed. "Yeah, my family lives a couple of hours away. Do you need any help?"

Katy shrugged as she was done putting her books and sat on her own bed. "Nope, thanks. That's cool. I'm from Alpine, Wyoming,"

"It's a pretty small town, it's okay if you haven't heard of it," she continued. 

Ashley smiled. "I'm from a small town myself, so I get it,"

Katy grinned. "So I guess it's just us two small-town girls against the big city?"

Ashley chuckled. "I guess,"

After that, the girls left their room to grab milkshakes. Katy was also a bit hungry so she got some fries as well. They were killing time until they had to get to the orientation party that would happen tomorrow.

As they arrived at the campus and learned about their dorm, they were also given the 'beginner kit', a file with all the necessary information they needed to know about the orientation. On the schedule, it said that there was a party for freshmen.

"I mean, shouldn't the party be in a few days? After everyone gets to know each other?" Katy asked. 

Ashley shrugged. "I know! And it says there will be a tour of the campus tomorrow at 9! If there's a party how's everyone going to wake up that early?"

Katy snickered. "Maybe we won't. Wake up I mean. Maybe the party ends in the morning and we directly start the tour,"

"I think that only happens at the movies," Ashley chuckled.

Katy shrugged as she chuckled too. "I wouldn't know, small-town girl, remember?"

As they kept talking Ashley's phone continued vibrating. Eventually, she had to excuse herself and check it. They were messages from Paul. She had texted him when she arrived with her parents but ever since then she was busy with settling into text him back.

"Are those your parents? I shut mine off," Katy said and took a sip from her milkshake.

Ashley smiled. "No, it's my boyfriend," she glanced at her before looking back down to her phone to text back. Paul was saying that he had already missed her and that Jared was making fun of him because of it.

"Cool! You've got a boyfriend?"

Ashley nodded. "Yeah, I do. His name is Paul," she said, "He's back home and we're trying the long-distance thing," 

Katy grinned. "Oh, that's great! I actually knew this couple from high school who tried long-distance, it worked out for them,"

"Oh, well, that's nice,"

Time passed and the girls found themselves at the party. Luckily, they spotted other freshmen they recognized from the dorm and followed them so it was easy to find the location. They could hear the music before they even got close to the people.

As soon as they mixed into the crowd some guy handed them drinks. Ashley and Kate shared a look. "We are definitely not drinking that," Katy said. 

Ashley nodded. They definitely weren't going to drink something that someone they didn't know just handed to them.

Kate grinned and grabbed Ashley's cup. She poured them into a trash can and put out something from her purse. "But we are drinking this!"