~Chapter Three~

I woke up in my room no cold floor beneath me a warm soft bed instead.   No warm arms of my mate, I sat up rubbing the sleep from my eyes and slowly got out of bed.  I changed my clothes pulling on skinny jeans and a sweater with a pair of boots. I walked downstairs hearing laughter and talking in the kitchen. Mary and my Mom made breakfast for the fifty people that filled the room. I walked in and it went quiet as everyone looked at me. I squirmed under their eyes when someone growled and their eyes darted away from me. Mom handed me a plate with eggs, bacon and toast on it as I sat down next to Ryan and my mate.

"Hey little sis," Ryan smiled at me. I smiled back and ate slowly. "So Blaze how's life?"

Blaze that's my mates name, I smiled up at him as he tugged me to his lap and I happily agreed eating my food and stealing, sneakily, bits of his.  I was still settling in to the fact and my stomach churned with thoughts that this could all end because the vampire was still out there, still searching for me, his little pet.

"Rosette," someone called.

I jumped feeling Blaze's hand along my arm rubbing soothingly.  I looked up and saw my Dad looking at me, "Have you shifted?" he asked as the room turned silent again.

I nodded but the day haunted me as it was etched into my mind.

~Flashback~

I sat in a ball only ten years old, today the day I was taken away. Happy Birthday to me. The guy walked downstairs a grin plastered across his face. "We have a new set if newborns coming in tonight," he said and slapped me.

My face turned red his hand mark etched into my cheek. I whimpered but he just grinned and laughed, "You deserve all your getting brat," he yelled.

I started to shake and all the sudden I shifted my paws out in front of me my  fur a sleek grey color.  The vampires eyes widened and he called for someone. Soon another guy appeared and looked at me bored.

"Mutt," he growled and pushed me against the wall. I hit my head and slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

~Flashback Over~

I winced, they say finding your wolf makes you more complete, happier. It only made me get worse beatings and I don't want to even think about the other stuff. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Mom called my name.

"Rosette," she called worriedly, "Are you okay you look a little pale?"

I shook my head, "No I think I'm going to be sick," I ran upstairs to the bathroom and puked.

Blaze was behind me holding back my hair while Ryan rubbed my back soothingly. "Where's George?" Ryan asked.

Mom sighed taking their spots as I puking once more. I sighed and leaned against the wall. "I don't feel good at all," I mumbled groaning.

Mom walked me to the bed changing me into comfortable clothes as I curled into the blankets. Dr. George walked into the room and I shivered, I don't like him.

Blaze sat beside me and I curled into his side piling the blankets around me till not a piece of skin showed. 

"She's not used to all this," George said, "It will take a while for her to adjust to regular food. She was malnourished for to long her body got used to it."

I groaned in pain my stomach stinging and Blaze instinctively began to comfort me.  My parents let out smiled but Ryan tensed.

"Mind if I talk to Rosette alone?" Dr. George asked.

I shook my head clutching Blaze, I don't like Dr. George he creeps me out and I feel uncomfortable around him. Blaze tensed feeling me squirm, "I don't think it's a good idea right now," Blaze said his voice thick and raspy soothing me.

Dr. George snuck a glare at him but smiled, "It's okay we can talk later."

"Get some rest Rosette," Ryan whispered, "We'll talk tomorrow."

*********

A/N:  Thanks for reading

~Katelynn💜