~Chapter Nine~

After the ritual I had enjoyed myself. I laughed and talked and had fun, something I haven't done in years. I was running around with some of the other girls in the pack only a year or two older then me, by the forest waiting for Anna Lee to find me as we were playing hide and seek.

When all the sudden my body went stiff, "Having fun gorgeous," his voice purred in my ear as a cold hand wrapped around my waist.  I went still all emotion leaving me as i struggled as to just breath.  He had found me like I knew he would.  I whimpered and found the courage somehow and moved quickly getting out of his grip, I ran across the yard and saw Blaze sitting down. I ran into his arms and tears leaked out of my eyes.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" he asked then sniffed the air before growling anyone could smell his scent.  The vanilla mixed the metallic scent of blood. "He's here."

Growls ripped from my families throat and the packs. As the vampire walked closer Blaze got up and shifted running at him as my father and brother followed. It was quiet outside in the winter air as all wolves shifted chasing after the wolf. Mom walked to me and took me into her arms.

"Poor thing you can't ever have a good moment in your life," she said as she carried me inside and to the living room.

I sat down all out of tears, I stared ahead pulling my knees to my chest. Mom rubbed my back slowly as we waited for them to come back.

********

They still hadn't came back yet and it was late. Mom had gotten me to bed with some struggles. My wolf wouldn't let me go to sleep though, she was whining and whimpering for her mate. I tossed and turned in my bed hoping Blaze would walk through that door and wrap me in his arms. I stood up slowly getting out of bed my bare feet padding across my room floor. I had on a pair of shorts and t-shirt with Blaze's jacket. I was freezing but ignored it as I continued downstairs and into the kitchen. Mom sat talking to Mary and one other female pack member.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked as I sat down.

"I can't sleep my wolf won't leave me alone," I said looking at them.

"You want Blaze?" Mary asked. "Emily this is Blaze's mate and Eric and Beth's daughter."

I looked over at Emily, "Hi," I said softly. "I'm Rosette."

Emily smiled, "I know, I'm Blaze's mother his father is out helping look for the vampire."

I nodded, Mom turned to me, "Don't worry they'll be fine and back home soon," she assured me.

I smiled at her thankful for her positive attitude. We talked just the four of us about all kind of random things till we heard shuffling feet and voices enter the house. I perked up as they all walked into the room untouched but angry.

"Blaze!" I exclaimed and ran quickly into his arms. He picked me up holding me close to him.

"Hey sweetie," he said.

I dug my head in the crook of his neck wrapping my arms around him. "That is so adorable," Emily said making Blaze look up quick.

"Hey mom," Blaze said hugging her before holding on to me.  "It's late I'm going to take Rosette to bed."

No one objected as he walked me upstairs and into my room.  I got in the bed him crouching down next to me.  He pulled the blanket over me and soothed out my hair.

"I'm so sorry about today.  It was supposed to be fun for you and it ended up being horrible," he apoligized.

"It's not your fault there is a vampire after me," I whispered as I took his hand playing with his fingers.

He smiled at me and kissed my forehead, "Your so strong, after everything you've been through."

I blushed, "I have you and that's what keeps me strong."

I smiled and stood up slowly, "Get some sleep, tomorrow's a new day."

"Goodnight," I yawned and curled into a ball before slowly falling into a peaceful sleep.