~Chapter Seven~

I woke up and got dressed putting on a purple sweater, jeans, and combat boots. I walked out of my bathroom and into my room meeting those eyes that have haunted my nightmares. His eyes, the one who ruined my childhood.

I screamed him smirking at the effect he had on me.  My family and Blaze along with a few other pack member ran into the room. Blaze pushed me behind him and growled shaking at the vampire.

"Mutt I believe I saw her first," he said his voice haunting me.  It was dark and cold, and I could remember every detail about him with my eyes squeezed shut.  Menacing dark red eyes filled with mischief and death.  Dirty blonde hair thick and wavy as it reached his neck almost.  Untamed unruly.

I was broken from my thoughts from a squeeze on my waist.  I looked up uneasily to see Blaze's piercing eyes and glare towards the vampire.  I never knew his name, I didn't care.

"You have two seconds before I rip your head off your shoulders," Ryan said standing beside me in a protective stance.

"You think I'm scared of you wolves," he looked at me, "Darling think off all the fun times we had."

I shivered and moved closer to Blaze tears filling my eyes slowly.  Ryan snapped and attacked him Blaze right behind him as they shifted right in my room. The vampire smirked and ran down and out the house all wolves shifting as they chased after him. Mom came to me, holding on to me as my knees grew weak. She held onto me and carried me easily downstairs and sat me down. Mary came to the other side of me and held onto me. I cried thinking of all the things they did to me.

**********

Hours later they came back it was noon and I was half asleep on the couch curled into a ball. The tv played behind me with a blanket draped across me. I half eaten sand which was beside me as I hadn't been as hungry.

Blaze walked in and saw me running to my side. He kneeled down and hugged me tightly as I dug my head in the crook of his neck. "Your safe now," he whispered, "I'll keep you safe."

"She isn't exactly safe since you missed a chance to kill the leech," Ryan sneered walking into the room.

He had made a mistake, he insulted a male on protecting his mate. Blaze jumped up and stood in front of me glaring daggers at Ryan.

"Are you questioning my job to protect my mate?" Blaze growled threateningly low.

Ryan rolled his blue eyes his brown shaggy hair falling in his eyes as he flipped it to the side. "If you could call it being mates."

Blaze growled and started to shake, "We are mates."

"She's fourteen you're nineteen that's not mates that's sick," Ryan growled and Blaze ran at him about to shift when he was held back.

"Blaze don't do it," My dad said clamly, "Look at Rosette she's scared and needs you after everything that had happened. Ripping her brothers head off won't make it any better."

I whimpered and Blaze's head snapped to me his green eyes locking to mine. "Fine but you better tell your son he needs to learn to shut his trap.  Or I'll do it for him!" Blaze said and returned to my side.

I smiled thankful it didn't turn into a fight, he sat next to me on the couch and took my hand in his. He kissed it softly and sighed, I cuddled closer to him yawning.

"Maybe you'd be more comfortable in your bed," Mom suggested.

I slowly got up feeling lightheaded, I stumbled a little but Blaze caught me. He walked me to my room but I shook my head.

"I can't sleep in here," I whispered softly.

"He's not going to get you," He whispered.

"I still can't," I whispered and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He sighed, "Okay you can sleep in my room," he whispered.

He carried me to his room opening the door. I jumped in his bed and cuddled under the blanket him laughing at me.

He kissed my head softly saying good night. And before he left I was asleep.

***********