Chapter 7

'I'm dead, aren't I?'

I could hear everything. From the moment I closed my eyes it was like I had actually opened them. I could hear and see everything like I was there... 'I was, right?'

'Sakura...' I felt horrible, leaving her alone forever. Perhaps she eventually will get together with Sasuke, who knows?

'I'm dead. I deserve to be optimistic... It's not like I'll ever return, right?'

So what if I hated love? Sakura deserves it... She doesn't deserve seeing me, her twin, die, however.

'It doesn't matter. At least I died long before our severed bond had been salvaged...' I looked down to my somewhat opaque hands; I was a ghost now, forever bound to wander this world without any reason but to watch over my twin. 'I guess our bond may have been regrown, but only one-sided... I cared for her with all my heart, but I was just another person to her.'

'She'd act the same way if anyone else, even Naruto, died.'

I grew depressed at the idea, and finally let my see-through shoulders hunch under years of built-up emotional weight.

'Even though I'm dead... everything hurts so much...' I sighed. 'I guess emotions are the physical, for ghosts.'

'Or maybe it's just because I've been suppressing them for so long, that they finally broke through and got to me.'

I sighed, feeling the false feeling of air pushing through my now nonexistent lungs. It felt... normal, almost.

Looking down, I could see my physical body laying on the ground, forgotten by the world around it. It was pitiful; I had died to a simple, poisoned scrape on my ankle that I ignored. I would laugh if this wasn't such a horrible situation. I noticed that Sakura still hasn't stopped weeping, on her knees. 'What is she doing? I'm just another casualty to this horrible world. There's no need to get worked up over something as meaningless as myself...'

The moment went by, and Kakashi found himself in a water prison.

'Huh... everything's gone to ruins without me...' I smiled as I calculated the probability that the other Genin would get him out.

89%. Naruto is not gonna let his Sensei die, Sakura won't let another person get killed by this man, and Sasuke is smart enough to keep Naruto and Sakura Sensei-less. And they'll protect each other since they already know the punishment of not being able to... death...

I sat down, criss-crossing my legs, right next to my corpse. I guess she, I, was beautiful. Completely unnatural, with clan-less white hair and red eyes. Nothing about me screamed anything about my clan... I guess I could be considered similar to Tobirama, our Second Hokage. I wonder if he was a good Hokage, like Lord Fourth was... or if he was like the Third.

That man, the Third, disgusted me. Could I leave my team and the rest of Konoha with him, not knowing his true crimes? No... I couldn't...

Sakura. She still hasn't gotten over my death. At this point, there's a 30% chance that she'll get scarred for life, and not really ever get better. I didn't like it even if it were 1%. I died on their first actual mission... what if this causes them PTSD that gets triggered every time they hear the word 'mission,' or something like that...?!

I stood up again, and began tapping my formless foot; it was a force of habit.

'The chance of that happening to Kakashi is rather low, but it may bring back other memories since he seems to be already uneasy with teammates dying(he already has PTSD... probably). The chance of the Genin getting PTSD, if they don't already have it? Very, very high. Like, 90%+ high. I don't like that... I don't like this at all...' I kicked the ground before tapping my foot again, and fiddling with my fingers. 'But there's no way to reverse death, right? I don't have the chakra of a Tailed Beast- chakra...'