Chapter 28

IMPORTANT A/N: I got rid of the "Tsubaki forgot stuff about Kabuto" thing. It just doesn't fit with this plot too well. I also got rid of all of the AU stuff in earlier chapters because of confusion.

〰️➿〰️

"And with that, the preliminary rounds are finished," the proctor called after the last set of Genin went up. He then coughed into his fist. I leaned back, ignoring the horrified looks of Naruto and Sakura who were 'friends' with Kabuto.

They knew nothing of the horrors he's caused. 

They knew nothing about him.

Everyone who had won their matches were lined up in front of the proctor, Hayate - I believe was his name.

"I commend all of you who have advanced into the third level of the Chunin exams. Well, congratulations." The Hokage stepped up, and I immediately zoned out.

Kabuto was dead, I finally felt that I could rest about him. All that needed to be done was the deaths of Morino Ibiki, Sarutobi Hiruzen, and Danzo. Bu it felt good, to be the one to spill his blood. To be the one to have ended that disgusting little fake.

I remember his Jounin Sensei cried out in outrage, reaming at me for killing a fellow Konoha nin.

It turns out that Kabuto had more people fooled than I expected.

The Jounin had to be apprehended, as did the other Genin on his team.

I watched without expression as they were taken away, screaming threats at me all the while.

No one... No one in Konoha had a clue to the corruption that was right in front of them...

...

It would be delightful to watch it all burn.

〰️➿〰️

"I will be training Sasuke," Kakashi said. I sighed; it was to be expected. He had the Sharingan, and would be the only person in the village - in the world- to train Sasuke. Not only that, but the council probably forced him to... Thinking more on it, the council probably wanted the two civilians and the Leaf's jinchuriki to be failed while the Uchiha would be the only one to pass. After all, Naruto had no influence to change their decision due to the fact that his parents were dead and the Hokage was a pushover, and Sakura and I had no influence due to the fact that we were 'civilians who were too dumb to figure out how to hold a kunai right.'

I truly hated Konoha...

Looking at Kakashi, I felt distraught; I was going to betray Konoha. He was going to have to kill me, wasn't he? 

He was a tracker, and an excellent assassin-type nin. If not him, another ANBU member would be sent.

Actually, I suppose Kakashi wasn't ANBU anymore.

"What about me?!" Naruto roared, before becoming excited. "Kakashi-sensei! Are you going to train me too? What about Sakura?"

Naruto pointedly ignored me. That was okay; his trustworthiness had been reduced to below 0% when he sided with Kabuto rather than is own teammate. I didn't care for an unreliable's thoughts.