Chapter 29

Haruno Mebuki and Kizashi were civilians, but they weren’t stupid.

Sure, they barely made Genin and retired shortly after to maintain a merchant business that had long been in the Haruno family, but by no means were they ignorant to their childrens’ troubles.

Sakura was deeply infatuated with a boy that she lost her best friend over. The two parents were a bit skeptical over how a child would give up a potentially life-long friend over that little Uchiha boy(she was barely a Genin, for goodness sake!), but they were supportive of her nonetheless, buying her shampoo, styling her hair, giving her perfume and lotions... If she wanted to get a boyfriend, then they’d help her get a boyfriend.

Then there was Tsubaki, oh poor Tsubaki. Mebuki wasn’t sure where she went wrong; why was her other daughter never happy? Why couldn’t she give her daughter the whole world? What was she doing to make her child so sad?

“Emotionless” was what was whispered by other civilians when they saw the young albino, walking by on the street without expression, and only greeting others when they called her out.

Was it them? Were they causing trouble?

It seemed not, because when Kizashi followed the girl, one time she had been randomly apprehended by an ANBU, unaware that the civilian man was keenly watching the Agent from afar with a firm glare on his face.

She went missing for a good few days after that, and Kizashi went into a state of depression during those days, wishing he had stopped the ANBU instead of just watching as his child was whisked off without a word.

When she came back, Mebuki had thrown a little party, but made sure not to act over the top; it wouldn’t do to scare her asocial daughter anymore than she already was, being missing for days without any one of her parents with her.

Things like that would happen many times, and the longest she had been gone was one month.

One whole month!

Mebuki was tempted to march right up to the Hokage’s office just like that little blonde tyke, and give him an earful over the odd behavior of the ANBU regarding her daughter, but every single time she was on the edge of doing so, she would feel sick to her stomach; it was almost as if something otherworldly didn’t want her to go!

The couple, no matter how perceptive to their daughter’s pain, were always unaware of the all-knowing, eerie yellow eyes that watched over them.

〰️➿〰️

I’ve been brute-forcing my way through every battle I’ve been in.

I had good chakra control. I was knowledgeable in enough Jutsu to get me by. 

But I’ve been ignoring using Jutsu the correct way by instead just infusing my attacks with enough chakra to mimic a crude and unfinished version of a destructive Jutsu.

Now usually, that would be fine; I had a lot of chakra to spare. I had made multiple seals on myself for chakra preservation. I could use almost as much chakra as I wanted, and I’d be able to fight and defeat a ninja the level of high Chunin, or low Jounin... if I had any edge of surprise  on the Jounin that is(almost like I surprised Kakashi with a burst of chakra during the Bell Test). I could easily pass through life with this level of power and crude usage of chakra. Except now, I’m up against Kage-level nin. I am going to train with and against Orochimaru. I am going rogue; I will have a bounty on my head, and my eyes have become priceless. I needed to conserve my chakra.