𝟟

New word count: 2k
Date (re)published: November 7th, 2020
----------------

— Monday - The Gryffindor Dormitories  - 6:17am —

Harry was very excited that there were no classes for the day, because he was usually preoccupied and today he could chill out. He was dreading seeing Malfoy, but that didn't matter. It was a holiday. Harry deserved a bit of a breather.

He didn't know if Malfoy would say anything about the DA, and trusting the Slytherin wasn't really an option if you thought back to all the bad things he'd done in their youth.

Harry wasn't the first awake this morning, as Dean and Seamus has already left. The heavy air was a bit suffocating. He swung his legs off of his bed and shuffled quietly toward the window across the room.

He unlatched the window rather quickly. The creak of the window hinges was a sign of a sudden change in the weather.

He breathed the crisp air in and let out a sigh as the soft winds hit his face in delicate bursts. The meeting from the night before had been a disaster; all of the students had complained about the timing and though Harry had tried his best to explain, no one listened.

Harry was beginning to regret even considering Hermione's ridiculous plan. It was absurd, immature, and completely stupid, which was a first for one of Hermione's plans since she was a genius and all that jazz.

The soft rustle of sheets resurfaced Harry's attention as he quickly closed the window.

"Harry, mate? What the bloody hell do you got the windows open for?" Ron's sleepy voice was drowsy, and it gave Harry the impression that he wouldn't be awake much longer.

"It was a bit stuffy, that's all. Go back to sleep." Harry coaxed Ron as patiently as he could.

"Like hell I am." Ron sat up quickly, his eyes radiating a vigorous energy. "It's Halloween, mate. Are you finally going to tell me what your costume is going to be?"

"Not a chance." Harry stuck his tongue out at Ron playfully.

This Halloween, to get their minds off of the horrific Triwizard Tournament from the previous year, Hogwarts was hosting a costume contest. Truth be told, Harry hadn't even come up with an idea yet. Life had preoccupied his every moment and the contest had simply slipped his mind.

"Argh!" Ron grumbled in frustration. Harry's lips were sealed impossibly tight.

No more words were shared as the boys readied themselves for the day. Harry brushed his hair down, but it made no difference. His outfit consisted of a plain muggle t-shirt, old sneakers, and some of Dudley's old jeans that Hermione had shrunken to fit his lengthy frame.

The two walked down to to the Great Hall in friendly silence, both knowing full well that Hermione would have their heads for going down to breakfast without her. This was a problem they would have to worry about later.

As they entered the hall, there were only a handful of Ravenclaws, very few Hufflepuffs, a tiny amount of Slytherins, and a few groggy Gryffindors awake. Harry saw Dean and Seamus whispering quickly and harshly to each other. There was a sympathetic look in Deans eyes before he looked back at his food and their conversation seemed to end. Harry slid down onto the bench across from the duo, leaving enough room for Ron to join him.