𝟚𝟘

New word count: 1.8k
Date (re)published: November 20th, 2020
----------------

— Monday - The Room of Requirements - 6:30am —

It was the first day of classes when Harry woke up in the Room of Requirements. The previous night's "activities" flooded his memory as he opened his sleepy eyes to the sound of a shrill alarm. As soon as he was ready to be out of bed the alarm stopped. Harry reached over to the other side of the bed to see if Draco was awake yet, but his hand met abandoned sheets. He turned around to see the bed empty next to him.

Harry sighed. He knew Draco probably had his reasons for leaving, but it still stung a bit knowing that the blond didn't even say goodbye.

Still laying in bed, Harry had a realization that worried him so deeply that he'd probably get wrinkles: Draco had been acting... odd lately. Like, more than usual. His distance was growing and his mood was more reserved. Harry hoped that everything was alright, and clambered out of bed to make his way down to breakfast.

•••

A few weeks later—around two or three—the signs of Malfoy's detachment were growing steadily more apparent in Harry's daily life. He felt himself start to feel more and more annoyed with the want he felt for his boyfriend. Malfoy didn't even look at Harry, let alone talk to him. It was getting increasingly frustrating on Harry's side, because his schedule was starting to fill up quickly, and he knew his meetings with Malfoy would have to cease at some point.

He knew that at some point they would have to split ways, at least until Voldemort was gone.

Not only that, but Malfoy's little insults toward Harry and his friends were getting out of hand. Malfoy was taking jabs at Harry's lack of parents, at Hermione's lack of a magical family, and at Ron's lack of a brain. Sure they were true, but that didn't make them any less painful.

And Harry's patience was wearing thin. He decided that spending time way from Malfoy was making them go crazy, so he supposed that spending time with Malfoy would make things go back to normal. Right?

The logic was there, and so was the passion, but the plan was off a bit. Harry spent the next few days trying to clear a spot in his schedule that he knew Malfoy would have off too.

•••

Draco was innocently walking down the hallway when Harry mauled him and dragged the Malfoy into a broom cupboard.

Draco's first instinct was to whip out his wand and hold it to the neck of his captor, but when he saw his boyfriend's face his expression softened. "Hello, Harry. May I ask why you've kidnapped me?"

Harry eyed Draco up and down quickly, which did not go unnoticed, and spoke in a surprisingly quiet tone. "What are you doing tomorrow night after classes?"

Draco tapped his chin. "What's today?"

"Thursday."

"Then homework, probably. Why?" Draco set his hands on Harry's hips and held him close.

"Because fuck homework. I want to spend time with you," Harry mumbled into Draco's shoulder. Draco laughed.

"If I said 'fuck homework' every time I wanted to spend time with you, I'd never turn in another assignment again," Draco chuckled, and kissed the top of Harry's head.