Chapter 6

Elton and I were walking back from dinner when a man pulled a gun on us. He forced us into an alleyway. He ordered us to hand over our wallets and proceeded to call us slurs.

Elton and I handed him all the money we had in our wallets. He ran away and we quickly rushed back home. Elton looked very distressed, I couldn't blame him.

"Elton? We should call the police."

"No... it's fine. I don't really want to deal with the police."

"Elton but the guy-"

"I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM!" He shouted. "Sorry." He said in a hushed tone.

"It's alright."

_________

Elton and I avoided each other for the rest of the night. I was having trouble sleeping it was 2:30 and I couldn't get to sleep. The tik tok of the clock was annoying. I quietly walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

I put the kettle on and leaned against the counter. The way the moonlight hit the floor was beautiful in a strange way. The only sound was the kettle and the faint sound of drops hitting the metal sink.

"Can't sleep either?" Elton faintly said.

"I tried."

Elton and I both stayed silent. I listened to the drops hitting the metal sink to make up for the lack of conversation. We drank tea and it felt as if Elton was even there. I kept forgetting he was there but that's not really my fault since we were in the dark.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a good day!