Chapter 2

Warning: There is going to be cursing 

Sang P.O.V (8 years later) 

Today I woke up tired again. I checked my beaten up clock to see what time it was. 6:30 a.m. I slowly got up, mindful of my sore body. Mother was not merciful today either. It took all of my strength not to whimper out when I descended the stairs. 

As I went down the kitchen, I immediately spotted them mess. I guess Marie had a midnight snack again and forgot to clean up. I held back a sigh as I began to clean up the mess and make breakfast. 

After making a couple eggs and cook a couple slices of bacon, i se the three plates down on the dining table. My stomach grumbled with protest as I eyed the food. 

I hadn't eaten since two days ago. But I did not dare to take any food without permission. Mother would would surely punish me and make me barf it back up. 

With an empty stomach, I walked back up the stairs to my room. I quickly closed my door and leaned against it from the pain. 

The pain was unbearable, but it was normal for me. 

I was just a normal eighteen year old girl, with what feels like the world on my shoulders. My mother didn't love me, but throughout the years with her, still I couldn't hate her. My sister despised me with a passion and my father was always gone. But what hurt most was Nathan. 

I miss him so much. He was the only person that made me feel happy and safe. He was the hand I could hold onto as long as I needed. He was the only person who could stop my tears. 

But now he was gone. He didn't say goodbye. He just left. 

For weeks, I went back to forest hoping to see him. Nightmares of him being killed by his abuser haunted me. What stopped me was mother. She finally found out that I was sneaking away and that was the first time she almost beat me to death. 

It stopped me from going but it didn't stop the nightmares. Day after day, I would cry in my bed begging whoever was listening to give him back to me. He was my Honey and I needed him.

Later on, there were not tears left to cry. His name, his touch, and his comforting would always be in my mind. it is engraved there no matter how much I wanted to forget. I guess I have no one in this world to call family. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

After thinking of my sadness and Nathan, I hear mother, father, and Marie get ready with their day. I could hear them eat breakfast and talk like a regular family, without me. 

Then suddenly, I hear footsteps going up my room. 

I immediately tense at who it was, my father. What was he doing here? He doesn't even talk to me. 

He seemed to notice the alarm in my eyes which only makes him sneer with disgust. He walks up to me and the next words he says breaks my heart. 

"We are moving to Charleston" he said with a monotone voice. He didn't say why we were moving but I knew better than to question him. 

"Go pack your things and get ready in an hour." I simply kept my head down and nodded. 

I watched his back as he walked away without a second glance in my direction. 

After while, I got over my shock and packed. I didn't have a lot of things so all of my belongings fit into one beaten up suitcase. 

I looked out of my window looking at the forest that I always visited. There were so many hidden memories within those trees. Nathan and me laughing with delight chasing each other and him hugging me and telling me everything was going to be okay.