Chapter 3

Waking up was not the best time for me. My body was aching from the pain and my head was pounding. I was tired and felt sick. I forced my tired body up and silently headed to the bathroom.

Looking up into the mirror, all I could see was a broken girl. A girl who wished that her family would be the kind loving ones she read from books. A girl who wished that her only friend would come back to her. A girl who wished that she could fall in love someday.

Reading romance books has done this to me. I read from different girl's point of views as they found their one and only. It was like I could feel their emotions myself.

I wanted to feel loved and happy like them. I didn't want to be alone and hurt like I am now.

There was no point of wishing though, I don't want to get my hopes up.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I lift up my shirt to see an ugly shade of purple and blue on my ribs. I winced from the small movement and felt like puking after seeing my wounds.

After letting my shirt down again, I slowly walked back to my room. I need to walk through the woods. I know I have never been there before but I knew that it would calm me.

I slowly get dressed mindful of my bruises. I didn't have a lot of clothes and they were a little too small for me. It stuck to my body like a second skin and I didn't like it.

I closed my eyes and got rid of the negative thoughts. This is supposed to be calming, not nerve wracking.

I slowly opened my window and bit my lip doing so concentrating on not making a sound. With success, the window managed to open without a sound.

I slowly climbed out and looked down. I was still in the second story of my house and I needed know how to get down. I look around and there happened to be a ladder on the side of the house. I guess the builders used to to get on the second story.

It was a little creaky and unstable but I managed to get myself together and climb down.

I looked at the window where I came from and smiled. At least now I can get peace for a moment.

I turned and started to head towards the woods.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting underneath a tree closing my eyes. This is probably the prettiest woods I have ever seen.

Everything looked green and healthy and the sound of nature was the balm to my wounds. My heart was not healed but at least to was calm for now.

Closing my eyes felt like heaven. Feeling the breeze caress my skin. I was about to doze off until I heard someone yell.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

My eyes snapped open with alarm as I scanned by surroundings. I tilted my head with confusion not spotting the source of the voice.

"Over hear!" it yelled again.

I look to the right seeing a boy with light brown hair and black rimmed glasses.

My eyes opened with alarm as he approached me. I began to look around for an escape route and didn't notice that he came even closer.

I yelped and jumped back from the boy. I kept crawling backwards until my back hit a tree. My eyes widened even more and I cursed myself for being so foolish.

"Hey, it's okay, I won't hurt you" the mysterious boy said softly.

His voice was calming and soothing but I didn't let my guard down. I don't know if he is going to kidnap me and ship me somewhere across the continent.