[one]-It's Sean

"Sean as in Big Sean."

[Kaycee's]

I'm late. And when I say I am late, it means that I am SUPER late. This morning, my phone alarm didn't even make a sound. I figured it out earlier on the way to school, in a hurry, that I have snoozed my alarm way too many times--until the system decided to not alert me anymore. I hurried up to my locker, opening it and reaching out for my class schedule.

Yes, I don't memorize my schedule. And yes, I have no intention in doing that at all.

My index finger is tracing for today schedule and it stops as soon as my eyes spot the first class that I have today--chemistry. Great. As if my life couldn't even get worse, here I am being late,looking very messy and having to learn chemistry on my first period. I let out a big sigh as I close my locker door, putting my class schedule and some chemistry books on my backpack.

"Ms. Rice, mind to explain to me what time is it now?"  I stopped all of my activity, let out another big sigh. Not again. I lift my face just to see Mr.Chung--my chemistry teacher, standing right in front of me, both hand crossed on his chest.

All I can do now is throw a wry smile to him, "sorry." I said as I fix my hair, trying to show that I feel guilty and basically hoping that he will forgive me and not put me to the principal office. He shakes his head as he take a ballpoint  out from his shirt pocket and a small paper from his pants pocket. "As much as I forgive you Kaycee, this is not the first time." He said as he writes on the paper. That right there folks, is a notice paper for me to go to the principal office. Mr.Chung is currently giving a signature for the paper and as soon as he is finished, he clicks his pen and gives the paper to me. "Come to my class after you meet the principal, I'll be waiting." He says as he leaves me. I roll my eyes and put the small paper on my bag and head out to the principal office.

I'm screwed.

[Sean's]

The clock is ticking—and guess who have been here for twenty minutes, waiting for the principal to call. Yes,me.

Mrs.Chavez figured out that I didn't submit my essays for a straight week, which I believe was a mistake. I tried explaining to her that maybe I typed in her e-mail address wrong, but she wouldn't listen and said that it's not her fault. So right now, here I am, waiting for the principal. I have asked the secretary on the front desk if I could just leave right now, but she says no—otherwise, she'll report me to Mrs.Chavez. (School sucks).

Suddenly I hear the door being opened by someone, I was hoping that it will be Mrs.Wood—the principal. But instead it was just some random dude, also having to face the principal for something bad that he/she have committed. I can't tell though, if this person is a he or a she because of the hoodie that is covering the face.

I decided to get back to my phone, minding my own business as that person walks and sit next to me. "The principal is not here." I said, my attention is still on the phone. "You'll wait for the longest time here until Mrs.Wood come." I continued.

The person opened her hoodie that is covering her face earlier, leaving her in a white t-shirt. "I know. The so called principal is never here, the secretary will let you leave after 30 minutes being here." She said, fixing her hair and adjusting her seat.

"You must've been here a lot of the times." I said, teasing her. I mean, I didn't know at first that the principal has never been in her office, yet she knows. So, she must be a troublemaker I would say.

"Yeah. Always late." She chuckled. "Are you new?" She asked, I stopped playing my phone and tilt my face to her direction. Now I can see her face clearly. Long curly hair in a ponytail, big hazel eyes, pale skin with rosy cheeks.

Damn—she's pretty.

"I've never seen you before." She added, now I'm talking eye-to-eye with her. I throw a smile, hands stretched out to support my head—"No, I take some classes here and the rest online." I answered, still observing the girl sitting next to me.

"Oh I guess you must be a busy guy." She said, putting her backpack on the floor. My attention is now all on her. "Not really." I chuckled.

Wow, honestly, I've never seen someone as beautiful as she is. Deep down right now, I'm thanking Mrs.Chavez for putting me here.

"I'm a little bit busy with my dance activity—that's my priority and also the reason why I only come here for a math and art history class twice in a week." I explained, She nodded.

"So you're a dancer, whatever your name is." She said again, teasing me while her hand is reaching out for a handshake.

"It's Sean—Sean Lew." I said as I grab her hand now. "And you?" I asked, our hands are still holding into each other.

"Kaycee—Kaycee Rice." She said, throwing the brightest smile I have ever seen.

I thought she couldn't be more mesmerizing, I was wrong.

"Rice as in R-I-C-E?" I laughed, letting go of our hand. It will be awkward if by now we are still doing the handshake. She nodded and laughed back.

"So Shawn as in Shawn Mendes or Sean as in Big Sean?" she asked back, tucking a strand of her hair back into her ear.

"Sean as in Big Sean." I smiled. Before I could even start another conversation, the secretary called my name, asking me to go to her desk right now.

"I'm always at school around Tuesday and Wednesday—I'll see you by then." I said, walking backwards to the secretary desk just so I can still see Kaycee's face and hands on my pocket.

She nodded as she waves her hand at me. "I'll be waiting Sean."

Ding!

Dumb Sean
Bai, you gotta know who I just met today.

Ding!

Dumb Sean
Hell—I think she took my heart away with her smile.

—❥—

Author's note!
Hey guys, quick clarification. Yes, Kaycee named him "Dumb Sean" cause Sean still thinks that he has been texting Bailey this whole time :) (and no, Sean nor Kaycee has not figured each other out from the text.) Anyway, two updates in a day just because why nott! I hope you guys like it though ❤️