#30 - A New Revelation

Chapter 30 - A New Revelation
published: Wednesday, 14 August 2019

Frank swiped his paw at a warrior, bounding forward with his massive jaw outstretched. The best part about being a lion was the sheer power that was in his rippling muscles. The worst part was that even when he was human, he still remembered ripping his enemies apart.

It was one of the reasons why he'd started to seriously consider joining Piper in vegetarianism.

Just as Frank prepared to shred the warrior to pieces, the cavern started to shake rapidly. The rumbling took Frank by surprise, knocking him off his feet. He transformed back into a human mid-roll before stumbling to his feet.

The warrior he'd been fighting continued to approach him in a battle stance. Frank was starting to agree with Annabeth's theory that they were actually mortals turned superhuman by Pontus and Tartarus. They didn't seem to have the same problems maintaining balance in the earthquake.

"What's going on?" Frank shouted over the commotion as he and Jason found themselves fighting unstably back-to-back. He nocked an arrow and shot an invictus through the shell, allowing Leo to quickly vaporise the water spirit inside. 

Jason was fighting with one hand gripping his spatha and one hand calling on lighting to aid him. "No idea," he yelled back. "With our luck, probably more monsters."

Sure enough, a large crack started to grow in one of the rock walls, as if some exterior force was pushing the boulders apart. Webs of cracks grew from there, causing Frank and Jason to exchange wary looks.

Frank's magical bow and quiver shimmered and vanished, as according to his wishes. He stretched his limbs as he readied himself to morph again.

As it turned out, it was a shaft of light that was separating the wall into two, shoving them into an open gateway. Frank overheard snatches of Jason's chain of swears under his breath.

To Frank's utter incredulity and disbelief, none other than Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase burst out of the crack. His jaw dropped and his mind whirled with sheer astonishment.

"Absolute legends!" Leo whooped.

Even Hazel had nearly dropped her sword in awe.

But the monsters didn't pause for a nice friendly reunion. Really impolite, in Frank's opinion. He told himself it was because they weren't Canadian.

When Percy and Annabeth sprang into action, Frank exhaled with a low chuckle.

It seemed that they had completely fallen back into step with each other's fighting styles after Tartarus, because they fought like the most deadly duo Frank had ever seen.

As Percy slashed through the ranks, Annabeth covered him took on warriors. They spun, back-to-back, like they had fought together for decades — which they basically had.

Frank shook himself to his senses and leapt in to aid them. His shift into a large bear mid-air resulted in him squashing two warriors flat when he landed.

He had long since reconciled between fighting as a human and as an animal. After lashing out at a warrior with strong strikes, Frank would turn back into a human and take down a few invicta with his arrows. The next transformation could be a snake, which was good for stealth or surprise attacks, or a dragon, which was better if he wanted an overview of the battlefield.

Frank swooped into be air in his dragon form, blowing fire on the monsters and dispelling a few invicta to the depths of Tartarus. At one point, he and Leo worked together to create a nice, smoked monster barbecue.