I have to move on

Zac as: Troy Bolton
You as: Troy's best friend
Backstory: You and Troy have been best friends for some years, but there was always this strange feeling when you're around him.

"Troy, what are you doing?" I ask laughing, watching my best friend. He balances on a ball as he throws another ball in the basket. Grinning, I applaud and he winks at me. I roll my eyes and fold my arms.

"Hey (Y/N), you know-" Troy starts, but suddenly he falls off the ball. With a loud bang, he bounces on the hard ground. Startled, I draw in the air and run to him. "Troy, are you alright?" I ask and he moans in pain. I look at him with wide eyes.

"Baby, is everything all right?" I ask nervously. Troy opens his eyes and looks at me confused. "What did you just call me?" He asks in a harsh voice that makes me shudder down my spine. Nervously I look at Troy, "I-I um ... Troy ... Listen ... I gotta say what's on my mind".

Slowly he sits up and takes my hand. "Something about us doesn't seem right these days," he sings in a caramel-soft voice. I shake my head, "Life keeps getting in the way, whenever we try somehow-" I begin to sing, but he interrupts me. "I can't stop loving you," he sings and he gets up.

I sigh, "It's so hard to say, but I gotta do what's best for me, you'll be okay-" I sing and get up. But before I can continue to sing, I feel Troy's lips on mine. His soft, pink lips on my lips. God-a dream.

I wake up sweating. It was really just a dream. I fell in love with my best friend, how can that happen to me? I can not fall in love with my best friend! Troy is with Gabriella, I can't ruin their relationship.

No, I can't do that to my friends. I have to get Troy out of my head. Bzz Bzz. Hey (Y/N), are we going to have dinner together today?~Troy.

Oh no. I can't see him, but I want to see him. But I have to let go of him to protect him. Yes, I have to protect him and Gabriella. Sighing, I take my phone and write an answer. Troy ... we can not see each other anymore. I can't get you out of my head. I have to move on ... without you~(Y / N).

A tear rolls down my cheek and lands on my display. "I didn't know that it hurts so much," I mumble and open my laptop. Since there is nothing left here, I will book a flight to London and visit my dad.

After an hour, I booked my flight, discussed everything with my father and packed my suitcase. Breathing heavily I drag the heavy suitcase down the stairs. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and open my door. Without paying attention to where I am going, I bounce into a firm breast.

"Hey!" I shout, but then I notice who is standing in front of me. Confused, I look at him. "Troy, what do you want here?" I ask emotionless because I must show no weakness. He sighs "(Y/N), I don't want to lose you," he admits. I shake my head, "You have Gabriella, you don't need me," I hiss and go with my suitcase to my car.

"(Y/N), damn it! I love you!" Troy cries, holding me by the arm. "What?" I whisper and look at him with wide eyes. "I love you, I always have, and I always will," he admits, but I get angry. "How can you say that? Troy, you're with Gabriella," I hiss at him. He raises his hands, "Gabriella and I haven't been together for several weeks," he whispers, looking down sadly.

But why is he telling me this now? "You are ... not a couple anymore?" I ask and he nods in agreement. I pull my eyebrows together, "But," I begin, but I can not say a word. "I gotta say what's on my mind," Troy begins to sing and takes my face in his hands. I sing back and put my hands on his, "Something about us, doesn't seem right these days".

He smiles at me, "Life keeps getting in the way, whenever we try somehow-" he sings on, but I interrupt him. "We still love each other," I sing and he laughs softly. "(Y/N) I love you," he whispers and kisses me gently. My eyes are fluttering and I kiss him back.

Slowly we part from each other and put our foreheads together. "I love you too Troy," I whisper and kiss him again.