3 - SORRY

"Rick." Negan stops him.

"You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me. Right?" When Rick doesn't answer, Negan grabs his face again. "Speak when you're spoken to!"

"You answer to me." Rick nods. "You provide for me."

"Provide for you." Rick mumbles.

"You belong to me, right?!" The latter had no other choice but to nod. "Right."

Negan lets him go. "That... is the look I wanted to see."

He picks up the ax and moves away. "We did it... all of us, together... even the dead guys on the ground. Hell, they get the spirit award, for sure. Today was a productive damn day! Now, I hope for all your sake... that you get it now... that you understand how things work. Things have changed. Whatever you had going for you... that is over now."

I somehow don't believe that. One way or another, not now but soon, we will get our revenge.

"Dwight... load him up." The latter grabs Daryl and he tried to fight back, but he failed and Dwight pushed him back inside the car he was in earlier. "He's got guts... not a little bitch like someone I know. I like him. He's mine now. But you still want to try something? "Not today, not tomorrow". "Not today, not tomorrow?" I will cut pieces off of... Hell's his name?"

"Daryl." Simon answered.

Negan nods. "That actually sounds right. I will cut pieces off of Daryl and put them on your doorstep... or better yet, I will bring him to you and have you do it for me."

Negan stands back up. "Welcome to a brand-new beginning, you sorry shits! I'm gonna leave you a truck. Keep it. Use it to cart all the crap you're gonna find me. We'll be back for our first offering in one week. Until then... ta-ta."

The Saviors had finally left us, leaving us in nothing but silence and two dead bodies. It's ironic how they named themselves 'Saviors' when all they did was kill two of our people, two them I care for and one them I love dearly since the start of this apocalypse.

I got up, using all the strength I have left, and rushed to Carl. I practically crushed into him but Carl was strong, he had a good grip on me and holds me as I hold onto him.

"Maggie..." Rick's voice gets my attention. I saw Maggie standing up, walking towards Glenn's body slowly. "You need to sit down."

"No." Maggie said as Carl and I started to stand up.

"We need to get you to the Hilltop." Rick tries but Maggie isn't having it.

"You need to go get ready." Maggie tells him.

"For what?"

The widow inhales sharply. "To fight them."

After what went down, loosing two of ours, we're in no position to fight Negan and the Saviors. For now.

"They have Daryl." Rick reminds, giving us more reason not to fight. For now. "They have an army. We would die- all of us."

Maggie stands her ground. "Go home. Take everybody with you. I can get there by myself."

I slowly approach Maggie, limping a bit from kneeling down too much. Rick goes to touch her but she flinches away. "I need to go. You need to go to Alexandria. You were out-out here for me."

Maggie's hyperventilating and choking back her sobs, just like what I'm doing. "We still are." Rick tells her.

Pain strikes my heart and I cry even more when Maggie started sobbing. Each tear is there to remind me that Glenn is gone.

"I can make it, now. I need you to go back. I can't have you out here. I can't have all of you out here anymore. I need you to go back."

I lean on to Carl for support as I feel myself shaking. Michonne speaks. "Maggie, we're not letting you go. Okay?"

"You have to." Maggie insists and all I can do is shake my head, even if she can't see me.

"It's not gonna happen." Rick tells her.

"I'm taking her." Sasha spoke up, making me look at her. Abraham's body is in between her and Rosita. As much as I want to go and comfort the latter, I don't even know if I can do it to myself. "I'm gonna get her there. I'm gonna keep her safe. I'm not giving you a choice."

"I'm taking him with me." Maggie insists, kneeling down to place her hand on Glenn's body.

I can't handle it. I took a step back, Carl looks at me and goes to hold me but I just shook my head. I'm shaking more than ever but I don't care. I haven't felt this much fear before. I haven't felt this much pain and grief since Sophia.

I turned around and faced Rosita and Sasha. They got their hands on top of Abraham's body, before Eugene went toward them and they carried Abraham's body up.

"I need to do this. Please." When I looked back at Maggie, she's still kneeling down.

"We need to help you." Aaron softly tells her, eyes brimming with tears with dried tears on his cheeks.

Carl goes and helps Maggie get up, who reluctantly does as Rick spoke. "He's our family t... he's our family too."

Maggie shakily and slowly stands up, before turning around and hugging Carl as she sobs. My throat hurts from choking back all the sobs and so does my chest, but this pain I'm feeling, is nothing compared to what Maggie's feeling right now. She's lost so much. So much more than I have.

Carl and Maggie pull away as the former goes to help carry Glenn's body. I walked towards Maggie and with a shaking body, I pulled her into a hug. She hugs me tight as she cries onto my shoulder, this time, I let my sobs combine with hers.

"I am so sorry." I whimpered and I mean it. I blame myself for her husband's death. This one is on me. "I'm so sorry..."

I know that a sorry wouldn't bring Glenn nor Abraham back, but that's all I can say. That is all I can say. A sorry can't bring one life back, a dozen sorries won't bring anybody back.

But still, it's all I can say.