7 - WATCH

I'm back to reality when we spotted a few trucks outside of Hilltop. We're hiding in the woods, but we can see clearly that the Saviors are there. I spotted that man, Simon, I think? He's instructing his men to put boxes inside their trucks.

"I don't think Negan's here." Carl said as he looks ahead. "I don't see that black truck."

Carl didn't really specifically told us the reason why he followed us out here, but now it's clear to me. I thought he wanted to follow me and Enid, but apparently that's not the reason. "You weren't taking a drive, were you?

He avoids my eyes. "You weren't coming to get me."

Enid tells us she'll keep look out and we walked away from her, going through the woods just a little bit.

I kept a straight face when Carl looked at me, his gaze soft. "I can't let them get away with this. You know I can't."

I stepped away from Carl, looking down. "I know."

He placed his hands on my arms. "Come with me. You, me, and Enid. We can do it."

I sighed. "Carl..."

"Please." He said.

"It's not a good idea." I told him truthfully, his face falling a little. "There's just three of us against them. I don't want anybody else to get killed... again."

Carl tried to look away from me but I put my hand against his cheek, turning his face to me and looking at him directly in his blue orbs. "I don't want you to die."

Carl leaned his forehead against mine as our breaths mingled. I lean up as he leans down, our lips touching for seconds, before pulling away. "Please don't go... stay."

He doesn't reply and I know that I can't change his mind. I slowly leaned away, shrugging off his touch, then walking towards Enid with glossy eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked me softly, placing her hand on my arm.

"Let's just go." I told her, not looking back, before we took off.

— later

Going through the gates with the Saviors in sight wasn't an option, so Enid and I ended up  climbing the walls. It wasn't that hard, I just wasn't used to climbing up a different wall. Enid's an expert at this.

When we finally got over the walls, there weren't many people around at the area we're in. But there were still people, some of them are confused of who we are and even thought of us as a threat, but we told them that we're here for Maggie. Some people told us about what happened here last night.

Maggie's just lost her husband but she sure didn't lose her badass attitude.

Eventually, Enid and I found the graves of Abraham and Glenn, we just can't figure out which is which. Enid pulls out her balloons and a small tank of helium, before she loads it up inside the balloons. I tied all the balloons in strings before tying them to the wooden-made cross. When I was done, Enid grabs my hand and we smiled at each other, before looking back at the two graves.

"You're here." Enid and I looked behind us and saw Maggie. She looks better than she did that last time I saw her. She looks healthier than she did before, well-cleaned with comfy clothes and better figure.

But what gave it away was her eyes. It's not just the bags under them, it's how it holds every sadness, grief, pain and sorrow. Looking into her eyes feels like someone's crushing my heart in their hands.

Broken, that's what I am and everyone else.

But Maggie... she's shattered to bits and pieces.

My body moved faster than my head, before I could even comprehend what I was doing, I was already hugging Maggie. Not that tight because of her stomach, but I still hugged her.