19 - BLOOD

"Farren,"

Distant. The voice sounded so distant.

It calls to me several times before I opened my eyes. The blurriness of my vision fades seconds after opening my eyes and looking around. It's an unfamiliar place.

"Farren..."

It's distant but I know too well whose voice that belongs to.

"Carl?" I got up from the ground where I was lying. Huh, weird. I remember sleeping on his bed, not on the ground. "Where are you?"

From what I can remember, his distant voice sounded like it came from my left. So, I turned and started walking, minding very well that my surrounding looks like a desert.

I walk, and walk, and walk, until I could see a figure. Even from afar, I can tell that it's Carl. I started walking faster to approach him, and only a few feet apart, he turned to me.

He looks the same. Still wearing his hat, eye patch and clothing. But somehow he always manages to look more handsome every time I see him.

"Farren," he calls, a soft smile was visible on his lips before it faded slowly.

My heart started beating fast for no reason, a bad feeling settles in my gut and I can't help but feel anxious under Carl's stare.

"You have to help me."

"Help you?" I asked, unsure of what he really mean.

Suddenly, walker snarls started echoing from every direction and I had to cover my ears. But I can't block out the sounds.

"Farren, you have to help me!" Screamed Carl, reaching out his hand to me as it looks like he's being pulled back. "Farren!"

"Carl!" I reach out, almost grabbing his hand but before my fingertips could even touch his, a loud snarl from a walker invades my ears.

I woke up, gasping and sweating like crazy as I immediately turned to my left to see that Carl isn't in bed.

I started panicking for no reason. The same gut feeling I had in that dream is still there, I can't shake off the feeling that something bad might happen to Carl. I need to find him. No, I have to find him, wherever he is.

I got up, putting on some clothes and boots then running out of the house. Rick and the others are continuing their plan to take down the Saviors. Carl managed to talk me out of it and not only that, I got the feeling that I shouldn't tag along so I didn't.

As I was walking, I caught a glimpse of Carl walking out of the gate. I go to yell his name but he was already out. I groaned, running after him as fast as my legs could.

This feeling in my gut... it's driving me insane. Usually when I get this feeling, it happens. Good or bad, it always happens.

I ignored the person on guard and ran faster, trying to catch up to Carl. I already have my gun in my hand, safety off and ready to fire because I feel like I will need to use it later on.

Running in the woods was never really my favorite thing especially when I'm worried like this. I become unaware of my surroundings just like right now. My foot got caught on something and I tripped, falling down and making me drop my gun in the process. I grunt, getting up immediately and started searching for my gun.

A snap of a branch made me alert and turn around, eyes widening when they landed on a walker ready to launch itself onto me. I used my hands to keep it off me and pushing it away, immediately pulling out my switchblade and grabbing the waller by its neck, before stabbing its head.