12 - COVER UP

Our group found another group named the Scavengers. They found out about the group because of Gabriel, when they went out to go find him and our supply of missing food. Rick made a deal with them. Their leader Jadis, wants a lot of guns in return for joining our war with the Saviors.

So, Rick and Michonne took the liberty of going on a run that'll take a few days. After Carl and I helped them load up some stuff, I pulled Michonne in for a quick hug as Carl does the same with his dad.

"Be careful out there." I told Michonne before pulling away.

"I will." She then gives me a teasing look, making me groan. "Don't make any babies while we're gone."

Rick and Carl surely heard that, making me facepalm as my cheeks turned red. I hate it when Michonne does that. I can hear her chuckling before I lifted my face up from my hands, taking Rick in for a quick hug as well.

"Rick Jr. would be a nice name." Rick comments, making me groan before pulling away. Carl calls his dad name in embarrassment. "Kidding."

"I wish I could say I hate you both." I told them before Carl goes up to my side.

We bid them goodbye before they took off. Carl and I go back to our house. It's much more quiet now. Seriously, Alexandria isn't this quiet before but after all the deaths and the Saviors, people haven't been exactly in the mood to be happy about anything. Tara was kind enough to take care of Judith today at her house, so it's just me and Carl inside our house today.

I plopped down on the couch, Carl doing the same, then I took off my boots and draped my legs over Carl's lap. He placed his hand on my thigh, giving it a light squeeze as we sit in silence.

"What do you wanna do today?" Carl asked me, breaking the silence.

I shrugged, I don't really know what to do. "You decide."

"No, you decide." He tells me with a cute smile.

Carl grabs my hand before pulling me towards him. I'm sat on his lip, legs on his sides, before I wrapped my arms around his neck with a smile. I reached up and kissed his cute nose, then my eyes landed on his bandage.

I take Carl's hat off his head, placing it on the side. "C-Can I see..?"

He looks real hesitant and uncomfortable. "Maybe you shouldn't, Fare. I don't want you to see..."

"But I want to." I tell him softly, looking into his eye. I cupped his left cheek, him immediately leaning into my touch. "You shouldn't cover up. Not for me."

Carl doesn't move, his hands stay on my hips and his eyes are closed. He's still hesitant, so I leaned my forehead against his. "If you don't want to, it's okay. But, I want you to know that I still love you. If you think you're ugly, you're not, Carl. If you think having one eye will make me lose interest in you, you're wrong. It made me love you even more."

I leaned in and kissed his lips. "I love you."

I go to lean in again, but Carl pulls back a little. He removed his hands from my waist and for a second, I thought he was gonna push me off him. But his hands found their way onto his bandage, slowly unwrapping it around his head.

I watched intently as the bandage covering his eye, gets taken off. His right blue eye is completely gone, all I can see is the socket and red. But, I'm not disgusted by it. I admire Carl's courage to show this to me, I can only imagine how insecure he feels about this, but he should never feel insecure around me.

I love him because he's imperfect, but at the same time, he's also perfect. Does that even make sense? Probably not, but to me, it does.

"Beautiful." I whispered wholeheartedly.

"I love you." Carl says before leaning in, capturing my lips with his. I kissed back almost immediately after his lips touched mine.

We've kissed for a lot of times but I can never seem to get enough of his soft lips. The way his lips feel on mine makes me want to suck on them lightly, and that's what I always do. Carl always smirks when I do this. When his hands started gliding down to my bum, I pulled away, making him groan.

"I know what we're gonna do today." I said with a teasing smile.

"What?" He asked, almost breathless.

"We're going out on a run."

— later

It took a lot of persuading before Rosita and Tara let us go on a run. We told them we'll be gone just for today, we'll come back tomorrow. Carl thankfully has a gun, all I have is my switchblade but it'll do. My gun was taken by the Saviors and I don't know if I'll ever get it back. Anyways, maybe we'll find something useful while we're out.

We went through the woods, killing a few walkers on the way. Carl and I are joking around, when I spotted a place.

"There's a few." Carl mutters as we examine the place. There's about six or seven walkers surrounding the place.

"We can kill 'em." I said confidently before pushing the switch of my blade, it pops out, there's some dried blood on it but I don't bother to clean it. "Let's go."

I go out of the woods first, Carl following behind me. I whistled, catching the attention of walkers before Carl and I started killing them. I lead some of them away from Carl, three more are following me. I threw my switchblade and it hits the walker's head. I didn't have time to grab it, because the two walkers are already trying to reach me. I backed up, looking around, before I spotted a plate number on the ground.

I grabbed the plate number before using it to kill the two walkers. I successfully do so, before dropping it and getting my switchblade. Carl was watching me, with this proud smirk on his lips.

"Enjoyed the show?" I asked before rolling my eyes.

"I never noticed it before but," Carl says behind me, me glancing back at him. "You look hot while killing walkers."

I snickered, shaking my head. "Yeah right."

When we got in front, it was a small convenient store. Carl banged on the doors, we waited for walkers to come out, but there was none. So, we opened the door and got inside.

Inside was completely empty. The shells have no food at all, there are some opened cans and empty bottles. Nothing we can use. I sighed in disappointment, before going to the cash register. I tried to find something useful, but all I could find was some baby diapers and hair ties. I grabbed it, putting it in my pack, before Carl and I got out.

"Where to next?" I asked after we got out.

"The woods again." Carl nods to the direction of the woods, before we walked towards and through it.