14 | forgiveness

14

f o r g i v e n e s s

Anita stirred, yawning, before feeling her newly braided hair, and smiling. "Leon?" Anita called, her head pounding from her hangover.

"Ani? You awake now?" Leon asked quietly, obviously remembering her hangover better than she did. She nodded and he handed her a water bottle, a painkiller and a granola bar. "That's for the hangover, then."

Anita nodded her thanks, and grabbed the painkiller before eating the granola bar. "Thank you," Anita said, hoping he understood it wasn't just for what he gave her for the hangover, but for everything else as well. After she took a while to get over her hangover, and brushing her teeth, she looked around the room before going over to Leon.

"Did you really let me sleep in your room?" Anita asked, glaring at Leon. "I told you I can always take the couch!"

Leon smiled at her. "Well, normally, we would be sharing the bed because it's huge, and we were dating, but since we're strictly friends now, I thought it would be violating some rule. And, like, you might freak out."

Anita looked away, embarrassed as she took her bottom lip between her teeth, and bit it. "I wouldn't have minded."

"I'll keep that in mind next time," Leon grinned, and handed her a plate of pancakes stacked and coated with chocolate syrup. "I made you breakfast, and I know you hate maple syrup, so I thought, chocolate syrup. Enjoy!"

Anita dug into her pancakes, and her eyes widened. "God, Leon, this is so good! Are you bad at anything?"

Leon grinned and dug around before holding up a bag of pancake mix. "Really, all I did was make sure it didn't burn, but thank you," he said.

Anita smiled up at him, already halfway through her pancakes. "Still. I can't do that."

"Yeah, because you can't follow directions," Leon scoffed, cleaning up the kitchen.

"Why do you think I'm an artist? They don't follow directions," Anita said, finishing up her pancakes, and walking over to put the plate away.

"Um, yes, they do?" Leon said, looking at Anita weirdly.

"Whatever," Anita said, waving her hand in the air. "That's not the point."

Leon chuckled, before taking the plate away from a protesting Anita and washing it.

"I can do stuff by myself!" Anita protested, watching Leon dry the plate.

"I know," Leon said, putting the plate in the dishwasher. "Oh, and you have chocolate on your face." He pointed out.

Anita rubbed her hand over her face, then looked up at Leon. "Is it gone?"

Leon shook his head no. "Here, let me get it for you." He leaned it, and wiped the chocolate syrup off of her face.

It was then that both of the teenagers noticed how close their faces were to each other. Leon and Anita stared back and forth at each other, before they both started to lean in, and their lips met, moving together in a perfect harmony. It was almost like their fight and separation never happened, because of how in sync they were moving.

Eventually, they ended up on Leon's couch, kissing each other with passion, and Anita ran her hands through Leon's hair, messing up the gel in it. They separated for a second to take a breath, both of them panting as they looked at each other, smiling.

"I don't think staying friends works for us." Anita said, looking at Leon from under hooded eyes.

Leon smirked at her. "Me neither." And with that, they connected, and the two bodies became one, and they stayed like that for the rest of the morning.