15 | happily ever after

15

h a p p i l y  e v e r  a f t e r

Anita woke up the next day at 7 in the morning next to a sleeping Leon. "Leon," she whispered. She poked his cheek. "Leon, wake up." She said in her normal voice. 

An evil smirk crossed her lips, before she put her mouth to his ear. "LEON!" She screeched, making the sleepy boy jump up in surprise. 

"What's going on, who died, where's the fire?" He said, looking around in a panic, before his eyes landed on Anita, and he sighed.

 Anita smiled innocently at him. "Good morning, Leon!" She chirped happily. "Did you sleep well? I hope I didn't wake you up."

Leon groaned and glared at her. "Ani, you made me stay up until 2 am to watch The Notebook  of all movies." 

"So?" Anita replied, bouncing on the bed. 

Leon dragged hand down his face. "Most people can't survive on 5 hours of sleep. Go back to sleep." 

Anita looked at him, waiting until he closed his eyes again, before laying down next to him. He put his arm around her and continued to sleep, but Anita got bored again. 

"Leon, wake up." She said 15 minutes later. "Leon, I'm boreeeed," She said, dragging out the work. He didn't wake up, and so Anita lay down again. "LEON!" She screamed again, and this time, Leon rolled over in annoyance, and put a pillow over his ears, trying to block her out. 

"Anita, come on. Let me sleep for another hour," Leon said. 

Anita chewed her lip for a while, not knowing what to do alone in Leon's loft. "We can watch an Indiana Jones movie?" She offered, knowing Leon would wake up to that. 

Sure enough, after he processed that, Leon shot up in bed, and shot her a grin. "I'll take that," He said, leaving the room to get the CD, while Anita went to brush her teeth.

5 minutes later, Leon returned with the CD and put it into his DVD player while they sat on the bed, looking towards the screen. Anita's head was resting on Leon's shoulder, and constantly asking questions about the movie, which Leon answered quickly so he could go back to watching the movie. 

After an hour and half of struggling through watching Indiana Jones, the credits started rolling and Anita released a sigh. "Ugh, finally. Why do you like those movies? They're horrible!" Anita said, throwing her head against the headboard in exasperation. 

Leon looked at Anita like she was an alien. "You don't like Indiana Jones?" Leon said, shocked. "Take that back." 

"No way." Anita said, leaning against the bed's headboard with her arms resting on her head as she smirked at Leon. "What are you going to do about it?" 

Leon smirked, and suddenly, his hands were at her sides, and he was tickling her, making Anita squirm and laugh. 

"Le- Leon, stop it!" Anita managed to get out between her tears and laughs, as she scrambled to get out of the bed. 

"Say Indiana Jones is good." Leon said, smiling down at Anita. 

"Ugh, fi-fine!" Anita screamed, and Leon's hands finally left her sides and moved to cup her cheeks. 

"Leon," Anita said, taking his hands in her own. "You know I'm going back to New York in a week, right?"

"You can stay here with me," Leon said, looking at her. 

"No, I can't." Anita said, smiling sadly at him. "My life's in New York. Yours is in France. We're just going to have to accept that. I'm not going to make you move to New York just for me." 

"I know," Leon said, staring at her. "But, Anita, there has to be some-"

"But, let's not worry about that for now," Anita said, pulling Leon closer to her. "For now, we can just worry about ourselves."

And with that, the two teenagers came together, as if pulled by a magnetic force, and connected. Maybe they wouldn't spend the rest of their lives together. But, they were here now. And they were together. It wouldn't last. But it was enough for now. 

It was finally enough. 

And for the first time in a year, both of them truly felt that. 

▬▬▬▬ F I N ▬▬▬▬