Chapter 25

"Are you really planning on wearing that?" Harper chimed from the bed where she laid on her stomach with her feet propped up behind her using her palms to uphold her chin.

I frowned looking towards the Christmas sweater I was holding up, it read 'Oh Deer, Christmas is here!' with a picture of a reindeer wearing a Santa hat printed onto the front. "It's cute." I protested.

"For a first grader!" She rolled her way off the bed and tugged the hanger from my hands, making her way to my closet to place it on the rod before plucking a red dress from its place. "How about this?" Holding it up she did a little shimmy with her shoulders as well as her eyebrows.

My mouth scrunched to the side, it was a modest length that had a tight top which then flowed out to my knees, a bow that sat right above my butt for embellishment. "It's cute."

"Cute? It's hot, sexy, plus you don't have to get him a present because you are his present." She twirled the dress around and prodded at the bow shooting a wink in my direction. I rolled my eyes at the sight of her but nonetheless entertained her with a laugh.

"I suppose," I sat myself on the edge of my bed, moving things around in my suitcase, making sure everything was there.

"Now that that's settled, what's your underwear selection looking like?" She nonchalantly mentions while taking the dress off the hanger and proceeding to fold it neatly.

"Harper!"

"What? Don't you want him to be impressed the first time you two," again, she wiggled her eyebrows while thrusting her hips into the air.

I snatched the dress out of her right hand and placed it in on top of my pajamas, feeling a blush creep it's way onto my cheeks, "it's not our first time."

Hearing this causes Harper to gasp and then cannon bolt herself onto bed, "Tell. Me. Everything!" Her tone is exaggerated and I let out a nervous laugh before catching her up.

 Everything!" Her tone is exaggerated and I let out a nervous laugh before catching her up

Dustin showed up bright and early to collect me from my apartment. I had fallen asleep in the passenger seat, after he forced Mabel to the back seat, who now sat with a pout on her lips keeping her gaze focused on the scenery that passed us in a blur of green.

"Mornin' sunshine," he chirped from the driver's seat, momentarily peeling his eyes off the road to flash me a grin.

"Morning." Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I was able to see a sign that read 'Welcome to Philadelphia' which I knew was a close to three hour drive from Connecticut. "Geez Louise, how long was I out for?

"Oh I'd say about three hours, we're about to stop for lunch as soon as I can find a place." Dustin wore his sleeves rolled up just underneath his elbow and kept one hand on the wheel, I bit my lip as an automatic response to the sight of him. "We'll crash in Indiana for the night, before heading to Tennessee first thing tomorrow morning." He reached over and patted my thigh with his free hand and I felt a pull in the bottom of my stomach from this simple gesture.