Chapter Three [Brought to your home]

The next morning, Jennie suddenly hands in a resignation letter. 

Rosé is obviously against her decision and tosses the letter aside. 'Is it because Jisoo unnie did something over the line yesterday?'

Jennie immediately shakes her head. 'No no no! She didn't do anything!' She puts on a sweet smile, her two dimples popping out. 'I want to visit Edinburgh.'

'Yesterday, did Jisoo unnie...?' Doubt is written all over Rosé's face. She really loves this innocent girl from the bottom of her heart. Every time Jennie steps into the cafe, time seems to past slower than usual. Besides, Jennie is really good at brewing coffee. Even Rosé herself has to admit she is addicted to her coffee. 

'She really~ really~ REALLY didn't do anything!' Jennie says drawly. 'The lease period with the motel is almost over and I has seen the view of this city too many times that it is getting boring. It's time to change to a fresh new environment. However, I feel sorry for leaving without even working for a full month at your place. That's why it took me a lot of time to make up my mind and resign.' 

Rosé looks at Jennie whose head is hanging low and her feet shuffling unconsciously. She can't help but to smile softly. Looks like Jennie always has some little gestures whenever she is nervous. When she recalls her conversation with Jennie about travelling around the time as an explorer, she realises this is not a place for Jennie to stay forever. She decides to let go and bids Jennie a goodbye. 

'If you encounter any problems, remember to contact me.' 

'Ok!' Jennie's eyes looks like two crescent moon when she smiles. She looks as pure as a purring kitten. 

Rosé takes out her cheque book. She knows Jisoo must had made Jennie pour every single penny she owns for the dinner yesterday. She writes down the sum of Jennie's wages for three months instead of one. She signs her name on the paper without even hesitating before folding it in half and hands it too Jennie. 

Jennie receives it. Without inspecting it, she stuffs it in the pocket of her jeans and smiles thankfully. 'Thank you so much, Rosie.' 

After closing the door, Jennie drags her feet as she heads towards the motel. 

The tiny single room is already tidied up as if no one has ever lived in it. All her belongings are already packed into her luggage. 

The lease period with the motel is almost over? A lie. It never rains but it pours. All her money just got swallowed by a monster yesterday. When she woke up this morning, she was welcomed by an eye-catching notice stuck on the door. The motel owner said it's time to return the room. She obviously didn't earn much for working for half a month at a cafe. She decides not to waste her savings and spends several nights at a park. After she gathers enough money for a plane ticket, she is leaving immediately. 

Actually, Jennie doesn't have a lot of belongings. After travelling for years, she is already used to recycling her five sets of outfits over and over again. When it comes to shoes, excluding the ones she is wearing now, she only has a pair of slippers in her backpack. Other than hygienic articles, her backpack only contains the tools she uses for a living. A sketchpad, a camera and her dear guitar. 

Despite having a limited number of items, her backpack is still stuffed to a point it is about to explode. After putting it on, you can hardly spot Jennie's head from behind. 

Jennie checks out at the counter, returning the keys and getting back the deposit. After one month, she has already became friends with the workers in the motel. A girl uses the Korean Jennie taught her and keeps on repeating 무사히 다녀 오세요 (Please leave and comeback safely) until her eyes become puffy.