Ch2: Where there is hope, there are trials

Surprise POV from BTS.

And I'll be using 'mwo' sometimes even if it literally means 'what'. Sorta?

Enjoy :)

Kim Namjoon could feel the uncomfortable tension in the air in the room.

He eyed his eldest hyung who was busy humming one of their next comeback song (Fire) under his breath as he washed the dishes, then at the eldest rapper looking half-asleep on the table while listening to a music sample he was testing out, then at Hoseok who was staring out the window with a thoughtful expression, then to the maknae line all spread around the couch. Jimin was scrolling down on twitter with his phone, and Taehyung and Jeongguk were playing a game he couldn't remember the name of.

Despite all of them looking normal, doing their own normal thing on a weekend, the tension was unmistakably hanging over them but pointedly chose to ignore it as best as they could, not wanting to snap at each other by mistake.

Namjoon didn't blame them. Ever since Sejin and Bang PD-nim told them the news about opening an audition for the first time in a while last month, they had been briefly excited to see some new trainees. But when Bang PD-nim finished what he said, that they were going to get a new member, all of them had frozen, saying something about opening up more to the fans and new fans and something missing in their music. They weren't paying attention, however.

The shocked silence didn't stay long as half of them had started voicing their protest, angry and almost betrayed.

They were already a family, acting like loud, chaotic brothers and impossibly caring for each other for years now, but the fact that their newest member might possibly a girl caused some turmoil and distress. Though they weren't too upset, just more uncomfortable than anything.

But that was last week.

And then their manager had just told them a few days ago that they have finally made the decision who their newest addition would be.

The eighth member was confirmed to be a girl. Who was also younger than the Golden Maknae.

The whole morning, Jeongguk was slightly upset and bitter, already developing a tinge of resentment to the girl they haven't met yet and as much as Namjoon wanted to reassure and comfort the boy, he left it be since the feelings were pretty mutual.

Like, what if the girl was a huge fan?

No, they absolutely had no difficulties with fans near them, their family the ARMY, but as a new member? Who's going to start living with them from now on? Namjoon couldn't help but think of scenarios that might happen with their newest addition (no offense to their amazing fans, but they were still humans and there were minimum times the fans constantly following them around when they just wanted a brief walk—it left them exhausted and stressed, maybe even annoyed but they felt guilty for feeling like that towards their amazing supporters. But no one was a patient saint. Idols had their limits they try to push those feelings away). She might be one of those fans who pester idols, flirt, maybe cling onto them, and the chances of shaking her off them might be low.

If the new member wasn't going to be a fan, that was fine, but Jeongguk didn't like anyone taking his youngest member title. The maknae loved being the youngest, teasing his hyungs, getting away with nearly everything (read: nearly), and being cared for as the baby of the group even if Jeongguk repeatedly denied being babied since he was a grown man now (Namjoon amusedly called bullshit). And if the girl might be how Namjoon thought of in the worst probability, then he and his Bangtan brothers were going to have their patience tested.