Ch20: Awake (I want to run, just a bit more)

Sorry for the late update! Busy as always from things in real life.

But I'm always writing when I'm free, so don't worry ^-^

This is the last arc of Choheun/one BTS member! I hope you liked it!

Now the next two chapters (was it two? Or three?) will be loads of bonding and learning for honeybee.

Please enjoy this veeeery fluffy chapter.

:)

Seokjin woke up to the sound of his roommate's chair swiveling and shifting a bit, the movement not quiet enough.

He turned to his side, squinting his tired eyes to see Yoongi back on his chair and desk, reading that letter he had seen briefly last night but didn't bother questioning him further about it other than the fact it was apparently Choheun's real birthday gift for him.

When they came back home after clearing their dance room and returned home to bed after some reassurance from Hobi about Choheun (he'd think about the details again later since he forgot most of them from just waking up), Seokjin and Yoongi noticed an envelope, nicely designed by the way, innocently sitting on the rapper's desk waiting to be taken.

They were both sleepy, obviously, but Yoongi wasn't as sleepy as Seokjin since he stalked up to the desk and looked at the contents inside it in his sleepy state before his eyes gradually widened with every word he read. Seokjin was naturally curious and asked what it said, what Choheun had written in it, but Yoongi surprisingly shook his head and stubbornly refused to spill a single thing, something soft and vulnerable on his face as he held it to his chest with a small smile on his face as he stared out the window.

Seokjin had never seen the younger smile something like that for the past six years.

He sighed softly, propping himself up with his elbows, the sound of his movement catching Yoongi's attention who turned to him with a blink. "How long have you been awake, Yoongi?" Seokjin asked, voice a little raspy and mouth dry but ignored it for the time being.

Yoongi shrugged, his eyes moving back to the letter as if he physically couldn't look away from it. "Not for long. It's still seven in the morning." He answered automatically, not looking at the elder as he reread the letter all over again with how his eyes drifted back up on the paper, leaning back on his chair.

Seokjin quirked a smile, sitting up and set his feet on the floor. "Are you still reading it?" he pointedly inclined his head at the letter, even if he knew Yoongi wasn't looking at him.

"Yes." The pale rapper said instantly, no hesitation whatsoever and Seokjin huffed a chuckle.

"Seriously, what's written in there? Something sweet and endearing from a dear fan of ours like Choheunnie? Maybe some praises and compliments of your hard-work or how you're so good-looking she might want to sue you?" Seokjin guessed playfully, chuckling at the inside joke a few years ago, before blinking in bemusement when Yoongi only snapped his head at him with a look he could only describe as offended and indignant.

"I suggest you never call the kid's birthday letter just a fan's letter, hyung. It's an insult to me and her. If you read it, you'll be eating all your words and then wonder how in the world we have a loyal fan like Choheun." Yoongi stressed with so much confidence and protectiveness, surprising the vocalist. He definitely didn't expect that from his dongsaeng.

"Does that mean you'll let me see it?"

"No." Yoongi deadpanned, tucking the letter back in the envelope and kept it close to his chest almost possessively. "This is my birthday gift from her and only I get to decide if anyone is allowed to see what's inside."