Chapter 9

I'm soooo bored! It's only been like 30 minutes, but Mr. Stark hasn't shown up to tell me what to do yet. I don't know about touching his stuff while he's gone.

Leaning against one of the wall by the door, I tapped my foot to a random rhythm in my head. From the corner of my eye, I catch sight of a piece of paper on the floor. Looking around, I confirmed the ever so obvious fact that no one else was in here with me. I picked up the paper and set it on the nearest desk.

What's with this calculation? Everything is all jumbled together and disorganized. Hell, I can barely read this...I think I understand what this is saying. It's a good thing I live with a bunch of kids, so I know how to read this kind of writing, but some of the numbers are wrong if it's what I think it is. Maybe I can rewrite or something so it looks neater?

Finding a blank sheet of paper and a pencil on the other side of the table, I got to writing. Carefully checking my work as I followed along with the notes, I failed to notice the ding of the elevator or the footsteps coming straight for me.

"What are you doing?" an unfamiliar voice rang from behind me, making me jump away from the source. I instantly had my hands up in that karate chop formation I've seen in movies before, not that I even know any Karate though.

"Whoa, calm down there, kid." The same voice said with a chuckle. I finally actually looked at the man who was speaking and paled. It was Tony Stark.

"I- I. Uhm. I-I was..Uhm." I stuttered helplessly, my mind blanking out on me.

"You're Peter, right? My new intern?" He asked for confirmation, scanning the paper I had been writing on.

"Ye-Yeah. It's nice to meet you Mister Stark." I mentally face palmed at how much of a spaz I was being. I am just the smoothest person in the world, aren't I?

"Call me Tony. Anyways, what is this? It's amazing!" He turned the paper in his hand so the written side was facing me. Why is he complimenting me? It's his work. I just corrected some of the numbers.

"I found this on the floor and wanted to transfer the work onto another paper to fix the mistakes." I handed him the paper from the desk beside him. Mister Stark lifted it up and examined the two sheets side by side. His eyes widened in recognition when he read the original chicken scratch. 

"Impressive, kid. I wrote this when I was drunk, so not even I know what this says and I'm sobered up." he smiled sheepishly. Is he serious? He was drunk in a lab full of dangerous weapons? "Well, anyways. Congrats on becoming my intern. First order of business: Help me with some Iron Man suits that got busted a while back. Oh, and get me a coffee."

I looked up at him excitedly, trying not to jump in joy. Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm going to see the Iron Man suits!

"Right away, Mister Stark!" I chirped happily as I made my way to the coffee machine on the opposite side of the room.

Tony's POV

Damn my head hurts. I guess getting drunk last night wasn't the best decision.

I kicked a bottle near my foot slightly out of my way as I got to my feet. My vision finally cleared as I got to my feet, allowing me to look around my surroundings.

My room? I don't remember coming in here. Oh god, don't tell me...

"Fri! How'd I get to my room?" 

"Dr. Strange carried you in from the lab at 3:48 am. He left a message saying 'We need to talk, Tony'." Friday answered, the last part being a recording of Stephen's voice. He held an annoyed tone deep in his voice. Shit. I'm in trouble.