Chapter 16

Peter's POV

Laying on the floor, I struggled to even breathe right. Pain flared from all over my body, especially in my leg and ribs. Just great. I just know they're broken.

Sitting up, I held back my groans of pain as I moved. Trying to stand up, I leaned heavily on the wall so I wouldn't fall over. Apparently, I was so focused on not falling because the next thing I know, the six of the oldest kids were standing right in front of me.

"Oh god. Peter..." Mark's voice whispered, making me jump up. I immediately regretted the action as pain almost made me groan out loud.

"What are you guys doing down here? It's not safe until Medusa falls asleep. Go back upstairs with the others." I ordered weakly, trying to keep myself standing straight.

"No way. Just look at your leg! We can't just leave you like this!" Scarlett whisper yelled, tears spilling out from her eyes.

"I don't give a damn about my leg. Get back to the others before she hears you and comes back." I hissed, but was flatly ignored. Instead, the two Chrises got on each side of me and put my arms around their shoulders so I'd be leaning on them instead.

"Peter, what's this on your shoulder?" Chris E asked as he looked at the back of my shoulder. 

"What?" I asked as he started to pick something off my hoodie.

Chris handed me an unfamiliar tiny black disk that was no bigger than my fingernail. I looked at it closely and tried to figure out what it was and where it came from.

Then it clicked.

When I met director Fury earlier, he placed a hand on this shoulder. Natasha did the same with the other. I turned my head as best I could to see over my other shoulder. As I thought, a similar disk was on my hoodie, only this one was smashed to pieces. The remaining shards stuck to the hoodie fabric.

They bugged me!!

I could feel my blood begin to boil as I stood up straight, removing my arms off of the two boys. My body screamed in protest, but I ignored all the pain.

"Everyone. Go back to the others. Now." I ordered, my voice cold as I tried to hold back from taking my rage out on them by accident. They scurried up the stairs immediately, fear in their eyes as they glanced back at me. My heart broke at the sight, but I quickly felt a little better as Chris E joked a little to ease the tension.

"Ooooo~ Whoever pissed him off is in trouble~" He whispered to the others before they disappeared up the stairs completely. With my advanced hearing, I could make out a few of their quiet giggles

Once they were gone, I turned my attention back to the black disk in my palm.

"Fury." Peter called into the mic, his voice clear with venom. "Don't you do a thing, got that? I know you're listening. This isn't your concern."

With that, I crushed the little black disk between my fingers. Immediately, I leaned against the wall for support. All the adrenaline and anger had washed out as my strength depleted.

"Okay, bad idea to stand with a broken leg." I mumbled to myself.

I better start cleaning soon. With visitors tomorrow, there's no telling what Medusa will do before they get here.

Holding back a groan, I limped over to the closet containing the cleaning supplies. Grabbing hold of a broom and feather duster, I turned to face the filthy living room with determination.

Let's do this.

Tony's POV

We all sat in silence, stunned from what Peter had just said.

You've got to be kidding me. This kid...AS IF WE'LL JUST IGNORE THIS WHOLE THING!!!

"What are we going to do?" Steve asked, breaking the silence. I gave him a look that screamed annoyance.

"We're going to get the kid out of that hellhole, obviously! Jeez, Capscicle, get with the program already." I growled before turning to Fury. "You better have a plan, pirate."

He sighed before nodding and placing his hands onto a holographic screen. When he tapped the screen, smaller identical screens appeared before all of us. The image of a large, run down looking house took up half the screen with text taking up the other half.

"Tomorrow, Stark and Strange have an appointment at Ms. Medy's Orphanage." Fury announced, making me extremely confused and angry as everyone gave the two of us shocked looks.

"Two things." I cut in, holding up two fingers. "One: Stephen and I wanted our adoption to be a surprise. Two: what does this have to do with Peter right now? I'd say Peter's a priority at the moment."

Stephen nodded in agreement beside me, his arms crossed against his chest. However, everyone else stared at us in a mixture of surprise, annoyed, and that one look that screamed 'Are you stupid?'. Why are they staring at me like that?

"What?" I asked, wanting answers.

"Stark." Fury shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Peter is an orphan. He lives at Ms. Medy's Orphanage, the place you coincidentally have an appointment tomorrow. Did you not read your own employee's information?"

When his words sink in, I could feel my face heat up a little from embarrassment. I kept my mouth shut as a few of the others rolled their eyes at me.

"Moving on, the two of you will be inside while everyone else will be positioned at the perimeter in case something goes wrong." Fury announced, earning nods from the others before continuing. "While you two are in there, look for anything that can be used as evidence of abuse. Then, confront the bitch. My agents and I will move in for the arrest when you give the word."

Stephen and I nodded and I couldn't help but smile. The idea of adopting Peter while we were in there sent a warm feeling in my chest. That kid is the smartest, kindest, and most selfless kid I've ever met. Having him as a son would be amazing!!

One look at Stephen beside me and I instantly knew he was thinking the same thing. I gave him an excited smile and he returned it with his own. We quickly hid our excitement before anyone else could notice. 

Of course, Wanda sensed our change in emotions and gave us a confused look. Her eyes and hands glowed a faint red that was almost unnoticeable. She's going through our minds again. Hello! Wanda! Don't say anything got it? Luckily, she heard, smiled softly, and didn't comment on it.

Once Fury dismissed us, we all went to our floors to get some rest before tomorrow. Stephen and I have each other huge grins once we were in our room.

"You were thinking what I was thinking, right?" I asked, wanting to be sure. He nodded, his grin not faltering for a second.

"We legally adopt Peter right before finding evidence and arresting the hag. Peter's going to be our son starting tomorrow." He stated excitedly, kissing my cheek.

I nodded and began getting ready for bed, wanting to be well rested for tomorrow.

Poor Peter's been through hell, I just know it. I'm not going to let him suffer anymore than he already has.

Starting tomorrow: I'm going to be his adoptive father!

Sorry that it's a lot shorter than usual. Things have been happening that I won't bore you with, but I'll update again soon!

Bye!