Chapter 20

(WOO!! Update!! Note: It's currently 2:30 am. I am sleep deprived and can't really tell if this chapter is good or bad. Hope you enjoy anyways! I'll fix it later on if I need to. Until next time!! :) )

Landing just outside the orphanage, I smiled to myself under the mask and admired the building. It was a large apartment building that had been renovated at top speed by Shield to be fit to house 2 dozen, maybe even more now due to the size, orphaned children. There was a large front and back yard that I could see had plenty of plants and beautiful space to garden or play around. On the back porch, there was a large box with the image of a playground set that was yet to be opened and assembled.

Of course, since this was now a property of Shield, there was a large fence around the entire area with a keypad by the gate and front door. After typing in the LONG passwords Fury had given me in the message, I eventually made my way inside the building. It was MASSIVE. After a bit of exploring on the ground floor, I took in the lay out of the place and imprinted it to memory.

"Alright. Time to get to work." I mumbled with a grin, leaving the boxes of donuts on the kitchen table before making my way upstairs. I was walking as quietly as possible to not wake up the kids just yet, though my footwork was mainly out of habit.

Reaching the first room, I peeked in and found one extremely large room with 3 bunk beds and 6 sleeping boys curled up in them: Mark, Robert, Jeremy, Chris E, Chris H, and Tom. Smiling, I turned the light on and walked in. Looking around the room, I was impressed by how much space there was and how there was already decorations that fit my little brothers personalities perfectly.

"Alright, boys. Time to wake up and get ready for school." I called out, watching them groan and curl up into their blankets again.

"Five more minutes, Peter." Robert grumbled, burying his head under his pillow.

"Hmmm. Let me think... nope!" I grinned, ripping the blanket off of him. He curled in on himself for warmth.

"Wait... Peter's here?" Mark mumbled groggily, sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He then looked up at me and his eyes widened.

"Peter! You're here!" Mark chirped, launching himself at me with a hug. The two chris-es and Tom soon joined in the hug when the fact that I was even here finally sunk in. Jeremy and Robert stayed curled up in bed, trying to sleep for as long as they can. I smiled and made my way over to them.

"Come on, you two. We've all got to get ready for school." I said, lifting them out of bed and onto my shoulders.

"Noooooo." They both whined, the others laughing at them.

I put the two down when I was sure they had finally woken up completely and sent all six of them to get ready, leaving the room. I then repeated this whole thing with all the other kids until everyone was awake and getting ready. Unfortunately, I also managed to wake the current orphanage manager: Joss Whedon.

"Oh, it's just you. Boss told me you might show up. Didn't think it would be at 5 in the morning, though." He said with a yawn before making his way back to his room. "I'm going back to bed. The busses will be here at 7. Have fun 'till then."

"Thanks and sorry again for waking you." I called as his door closed.

Definitely not a morning person, huh?

Shrugging, I made my way down to the kitchen and picked up the boxes of donuts. I then took them to the dining room table, where everyone was sitting around. They were all looking half asleep, but once I came in with the donuts, they were all cheering or chattering excitedly. Tom and the other younger ones even came over and gave me hugs, which always put a smile on my face.