Chapter 17

Peter's POV

After hours of cleaning, the place still looked like a wreck. It wasn't my doing, obviously. The house was just too old for me to fix up entirely in one night.

Medusa's still going to pin the blame on me, though.

I sighed and started to limp up the stairs with my broken leg. It was hurting less than it originally did, but it was still broken and painful. Checking the time on my way up, I found it was already 6:50. The visitors were due to arrive at 7 am.

Shit.

Panic filled me as I rushed up the remaining stairs. Inside the boy's bedroom, everyone was curled up on the floor with their tattered blankets.

"Come on, everyone. Up, up, up!" I whisper yelled, managing to stir a few of them from their slumber. "The visitors are going to be here any minute now! You all need to get ready!"

That got them up and moving.

In the blink of an eye, everyone was on their feet, running around to prepare themselves.

I busied myself helping the little ones who were still a little slow. When I finished, I ushered everyone into the living room. It was the place where the visitors would be able to interact and choose which of us they would like to take home. It's like we're puppies in a kennel. I hate having to do this, but it also gives them a chance to escape this place, so I put up with it.

Sitting with the others, I listened closely as Medusa started to come down the stairs. She wore a professional looking red suit. Her hair was tied up in a fancy bun and her make up was nicely done. Medusa looked like the most professional and polite woman ever. Damn. Looks can be so deceiving.

Just as she finished getting down the stairs, there was a knock on the door. With a warning glare and snarl in our direction, she went to open the door. Of course, we all knew that the look meant: "Don't say anything OR ELSE."

As she opened the door, she introduced herself in an overly sweet voice. However, the voices that followed made me tense up immediately. The Starks were at our front door.

This is an absolutely fantastic! Why don't I just go jump off a building?

Medusa led them into the living room, an overly sweet smile that sent shivers down everyone's spine whenever we saw it. It's just not natural for this creature to smile. Honestly she-

My thoughts were interrupted by my siblings starting to talk excitedly about having Iron Man and Dr. Strange in front of them. I, on the other hand, was giving them a silent "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" look. They ignored me, their eyes wandering around the room. Sighing, I got my siblings to quiet down so they can talk and introduce themselves.

That's what usually happens, anyway. The visitors talk about themselves for a bit, ask us questions individually, then they choose the one they want to adopt. Simple.

"My name is Tony Stark and this is my husband, Stephen Strange-Stark." Tony introduced, gesturing his hand to Strange beside him. The doctor waved hello to my siblings with a small smile.

"You're free to talk with the children, Mr. Starks. I'll just be in the next room when you've made your decision." Medusa began to walk out of the room, but was stopped by the next words that came out of their mouths.

"We want to adopt Peter." They both said simultaneously.

What?

My siblings erupted into happy cheers as I sat there in stunned silence. Ms. Medy looked just as shocked, but pulled herself back together quickly. She had that horrible evil look in her eyes that sent dread and fear through me.